Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 NinjaScript Errors Message

Hello,

Mike Valtos just recently provided purchasers of his Order Flow indicator a new version for NT8.

After I installed the new version of his indicator, I got an error message telling me the following:

You have custom NinjaScript files on your PC that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved before you can import a NinjaScript Archive File

I was able to resove the issue on Friday (his indicator and all my other indicators were working fine). But then when I tried to import another indicator into NT8 on Sunday, I got the same error message every time again.

Here is what I did to try to resolve the issue:

* I removed my templates and workspace folders from the NinjaTrader 8 directory

That did not resolve the issue. I still was not able to import any NinjaScript files.

* I went into the Documents > import directory and removed the first indicator in there, then launched NT8 and tried to import a NinjaScript file

But that did not work. I still got the NinjaScript errors message.

* I went into the Documents > import directory and removed the second indicator in there, then launched NT8 and tried to import a NinjaScript file

That did not work. I still got the NinjaScript errors message.

I repeated this process, removing one indicator at a time, and then trying to import a NinjaScript file; the process did not work, even when I tried it with no NinjaScript files in my Documents > import directory

* I tried renaming my templates and workspaces directories, then launching NT8 and trying to import a NinjaScript file. The process did not work, I still got the NinjaScript errors message.

Screenshot attached.

Please advise,
    Attached Files

Hello i2w8am9ii2,

Thank you for the post.

This error specifically comes from NinjaScript compile errors.

I will provide steps on how to display the error below. If you are able to use the error information to correct the error that is good but otherwise, please email me at platform support @ ninjatrader.com and I can further assist in a resolution.
    1. Open NinjaTrader
    2. From the Control Center select the New menu--> select NinjaScript Editor
    3. Double click on the Indicators folder--> then double click on any of the indicators
    4. Once the indicator code is in view right click in the window and select Compile to compile all NinjaScript objects
    5. At the bottom of the NinjaScript Editor window, a new section will appear where you can find the error locations

If you are unable to correct the problem, please make the File column and Error column visible and take a screenshot for me to review.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jesse,

Those steps took care of the problem.

Comment

Hi all,

I have the identical issue with the same software. Recently purchased Mike Valtos Order Flow indicator a new version for NT8.

After I installed the new version of his indicator, I got an error message below when attempting to import additional ninjascript add-ons:

You have custom NinjaScript files on your PC that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved before you can import a NinjaScript Archive File

I attempted to use the resolution provided in this thread but was unsuccessful. I am no longer able to import or remove any ninjascript add-ons. I have attached a screenshot of the error message that I am receiving when attempting to use your fix. It is indicating that the issue is with a system file?? I receive this identical error when attempting to compile any indicator. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Ken
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello pollard89143,

From the image, the problem exists with the file mentioned in the left column.

What this indicates to me is that either a .cs file is left over and needs to be removed, or that you are missing a reference for something that should be included.

Is the item listed something that should be imported right now? If so, you may need to Right-click in the editor and select References. In the window that opens, select Add. In the next window that opens, in the folder that it opens to, look for the .dll file that shares the same name as the .cs file and if it exists add it. After doing this re compile.

If the item is something that should not be included, you may need to manually remove the file listed from the folder: Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom

Please note that this kind of change may bring up additional compile errors if you did the wrong action, to go back just revert the change you made.

You can also email our platform support [at] ninjatrader.com for further assistance.

Comment

Hi Jesse,

I am sorry for the delayed response. None of the suggestions have worked for me. Everything was working perfect prior to importing the Order Flows software. I am unable to remove it because of the same error message. Do you think that the issue can be resolved by completely reinstalling Ninjatrader 8??

Kind regards,

Ken

Comment

Hello pollard89143,

Thank you for the reply.

The problem can likely be solved very easily by correcting the error, reinstalling is more destructive and does not correct compile errors.

I am unable to see the full error message here to provide any other help than what I have already. I would suggest emailing our platform support [at] ninjatrader.com for further assistance. Also please be sure to attach an image of the errors you currently see and please expand the error column so the error is readable. Depending on the complexity of the error, we can provide direct steps to resolve it or potentially remote support if necessary.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Comment

I think I'm having a similar issue.

Comment

I thought this was a x86 vs x64 issue, but Then I realized the x64 version of NT8 installed in the Program Files x86 directory. The files appear to exist in the bin64 folder.
                  Last edited by Conceptzx; 05-24-2022, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes
                  Last Post GLFX005
                  by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
                  2 responses