Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjatrader 8 not loading data when changing symbol

Hi,
    I've set a historical date to a day when I'm looking at some stock symbols. When I change to a different symbol the data doesn't load to the date that has been specified in the Data Series form but seems to show an older date which I assume is the last dataset that exists in the data cache. If I then right click on the chart and select Reload All Historical Data the data then is loaded correctly.

I'm using version 8.0.14.2 64-bit .

Thanks,
    iq

I am using iqfeed though I think the problem is with Ninjatrader.

Comment

Hello iq,

Before continuing please update to the latest version.

To update your NinjaTrader platform:
      • Copy your license key to a text file. You can find this under Help -> License Key
      • Use the following public link to get to the NinjaTrader download page: Download
      • Enter your license into the Current Users field, and download NinjaTrader
      • Shutdown all programs including NinjaTrader *important
      • Double click the downloaded file to execute it
      • Follow the on screen instructions

Then clear the cache and historical data, and try loading the instrument once more.
      Please use the steps I have provided below to delete your chart cache and historical data.
      • Open (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db\cache\
      • Delete all files within this folder
      • Go up one directory to the \db\ folder
      • Repeat this procedure for the tick, minute, and day folders as well to delete your downloaded historical data
      • Restart NinjaTrader
      • Connect

After updating and clearing the historical data and cache please let me know if the chart does not load data up to the End Date set in the Data Series window.
      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chelsea,
        I upgraded and cleared the db & cache area as you suggested.

So, I had a symbol up on the screen. Using the Data Series form, increased the end date by one day and the data stayed the same for the symbol until I used the Reload All Historical Data.
        Regards,
        iq

Comment

Hello iq,

This may be expected and I would like further details.

Below is a public link to the help guide on when NinjaTrader reloads historical data.

Is the End date set to August 13, 2018?
          How many days to load were originally set before increasing this by 1?
          What instrument is loading on the chart?
          Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 08-13-2018, 02:15 PM.

Comment

I had the chart set to the US equity symbol EXTR with some other indicators and had the end date set to 30 March 2018 and the data was fine. I then brought up the form and changed the date to 31 March 2018 but the data stayed the same. As I mentioned I had to use Reload All Historical Data to load the data.

Comment

Hello iq,

Because the End date is not set to today's date, you would need to increase the amount of days by more than 3.

From the help guide:
              NinjaTrader will load data when:
              1. The End date parameter of the Data Series window contains the current day
              2. The End date parameter of the Data Series window contains the last day of data available in your data repository
              3. The data repository contains no data within 3 days of the first day loaded in the chart

If you increase the date by 4 days are you able to reproduce the behavior?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
                Hello iq,

Because the End date is not set to today's date, you would need to increase the amount of days by more than 3.

From the help guide:
                NinjaTrader will load data when:
                1. The End date parameter of the Data Series window contains the current day
                2. The End date parameter of the Data Series window contains the last day of data available in your data repository
                3. The data repository contains no data within 3 days of the first day loaded in the chart

If you increase the date by 4 days are you able to reproduce the behavior?
                Sorry but do you mean the 'Days to load' ? I had this set to 5.

Comment

Hello iq,

I had understood your post as you increased the End date by one. It was set to March 30th and you set this to March 31st, increasing the End date by one.

If you increase this to April 3rd, are you able to reproduce the behavior?
                  (Is there already any data downloaded from March 31st to April 3rd?)

Comment

I set the end date to 3 April and the data did not refresh. I again set it to 5 April and nothing happened.

Comment

Hello iq,

Don't refresh just yet.

If you view the data in the Historical Data window, are you seeing any data for this instrument between March 30th and April 5th?

I made a quick video to demonstrate what I am seeing when testing this on my end.
                      Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 08-13-2018, 02:59 PM.

Comment

HI Chelsea,
                        That's the point I was trying to make. After I change the date and click OK, the bars in the window are staying the same and NOT changing without me selecting Reload All Historical Data.
                        Thanks,
                        iq

Comment

Hello iq,

I think I'm understanding that the behavior I have shown in the video is not the behavior you have experienced and I am attempting to assist with troubleshooting this.

However, I was previously understanding the chart on your end is completely blank..

If you have Days to load set to 5 and the date is set to April 5th and no data was loaded I would expect the chart to be blank.

What is the date and time of the last bar showing on the chart?

I was not able to confirm, if you view the data in the Historical Data window, are you seeing any data for this instrument between March 30th and April 5th?

Comment

I've been using NT for sometime and the behaviour you showed in your video is what I was expecting but not what I am getting!

Comment

Hello iq,

To further troubleshoot this, I would like you to provide the requested information.

I was not able to confirm, what is the date and time of the last bar showing on the chart?

I was not able to confirm, if you view the data in the Historical Data window, are you seeing any data for this instrument between March 30th and April 5th?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:29 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post ScottWalsh  
                              Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes