Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OrderID not used?

HI.
    I am currently using the dll interface to place orders into NinjaTrader, that uses Interactive Brokers in Demo mode to simulate an actuall transaction. I generate an unique order id by using NinjaTraders supplied function and use that when I place my order.

But as you can see in the log below, the supplied order id isn't used when the order is placed. I tried to poke around NTs database to see if my supplied value was stored somewhere but couldn't find it anywhere.

Wonder if there might be anything wrong with my function calls, maybe some error have eluded me.

The purpose of all this is that I want to be able to start up NinjaTrader, place some orders, and then shut it down. After a while I would like to manually collect information about all the orders by either query NT or query its database.

<example log>
    01-30 08:15:44;Order;Order='76a0f2a0a0b842629ad6ae8a5677 1a55/DU15077' Name='' New State=PendingSubmit Instrument='SHBA' Action=Buy Limit price=0 Stop price=0 Quantity=1 Type=Market Filled=0 Fill price=0 Error=NoError Native error='';
    2007-01-30 08:15:43;Order;Submitting order without strategy...;
    2007-01-30 08:15:43;ATI;AT, 'PLACE;DU15077;SHB.A;BUY;1;MARKET;0;0;GTC;;FD9AAB2 E816E4702ACC6DF19E05707D3;;' processing ;

imported post

The orderId in the log is NOT the user providedid. The user provided id is not output to the log but it is persisted between NT sessions.

Ray
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Figured it should be persisted between NT sessions, but somehow I can't use my defined order ids after I have restarted NT. Maybe there is something wrong with how I do it.

example:
      Our system place an order into NT by using the ATI with an ID X.
      Some other components checks which status etc the order has by refering to it with ID X.
      NT is shutdown, and restarted som other day.
      It is now not possible to refer to the order laid previously by using the ID X.

Comment

imported post

Correct.

Although the order (and order ID) is persisted inthe NT DB: within a session NT only manages the orders of the current session/day -> orders of yesterday are not accessible through ATI, only orders of todays' session

Comment

imported post

Then another question, I found an access database in the NT5/db folder, named NinjaTrader.mdb which I figured would contain my userdefined id somewhere. It seems to contain all of my orders, but it uses a new orderid and I can't find my supplied id anywere (or atleast in the most obvious places).

Does NT use that database for all its persistant storage? And if so, does it also store my supplied id somewhere?

Comment

imported post

It's stored as BLOB in the field userdata

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
            Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM