playback with historical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

playback with historical

I'm unable to get historical playback to work for dates earlier than Jan 2016 even though I have minute data going back as far as 2005.
    What data does playback historical mode need to work? Is it minute data or does it need tick data? When I click the start drop down in the playback box I can only select dates back to Jan 2016, so what is limiting the available playback date?
    Also, after a fresh install of Ninja8 release candidate I had to use the historical data tool and download minute, tick, day, bid, ask, last, data for the instrument before I could use playback in historical mode. I guess I thought that if you can display the instrument on the chart then that meant that the data was available for playback but I'm not sure that's the case since I had to download the data before I could use playback in historical mode.
    Can you confirm that so I know that's required.
    Thanks

Hello,

When replaying data using the Historical option historical Tick data will be required. To download historical Tick data you can do this by loading a Tick chart or by downloading data within the Historical Data window directly.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post elirion
    by elirion

Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
    0 responses