Go Back   NinjaTrader Support Forum > NinjaScript File Sharing > NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion

NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Discussion for shared NinjaScript files.

NinjaTrader

Old 04-27-2017, 05:28 AM   #16
Rainbowtrader

I would still love to get the WickedRenkoBar in the stable NT8-version....

Best regards,
Rainbowtrader
Old 05-02-2017, 01:45 PM   #17
aog076

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowtrader View Post
I would still love to get the WickedRenkoBar in the stable NT8-version....

Best regards,
Rainbowtrader
Hi you can find WickedRenko in this link I posted on Version 8 indicators

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...catid=7&id=849
The following 2 users say thank you to aog076 for this post:
Old 05-02-2017, 02:16 PM   #18
Rainbowtrader

Hi @aog076!

Thank you, but this is not the WickedRenko like the Original from NT7. Many errors in drawing the boxes. I had marked some for recognizing. The original works so, that never there is an overlapping from 2 boxes - no matter, what color. And a box is ever starting at exact the end box line/level. So its looks like a drunken style. Good is, that the wicks are in its - and I think, that they are correct. I had not proved, but I think so.

I tested its im "GER30", the same problem.

Best regards,
Rainbowtrader

Quote:
Originally Posted by aog076 View Post
Hi you can find WickedRenko in this link I posted on Version 8 indicators

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...catid=7&id=849
Attached Images
File Type: png Unbenannt.PNG (63.3 KB, 34 views)
Old 05-28-2017, 02:46 AM   #19
Rainbowtrader

Default Compairing Wicked Renko NT7 & NT8

Hello Traders,

@aog076 asked me to describe my problem with more informations in this thread - so that all others can learn or profit from its.

Here is the screenshot with the compairing both versions of the WickedRenko: NT7 & NT8. I am using the NT7 version, because I see clear bricks/borders. If you take a view at the picture, you will recognize the difference.

And no: I am not interested to scale on a larger = bigger bricks resolution. That, what is possible in NT7, I wish in NT8.

Perhaps now you understand, why I wish only a correct transformation from the original Wicked Renko NT7 in the new version NT8.

Best regards,
Rainbowtrader

PS1: Broker is FXCM. Data feed is FXCM. Instrument is EURUSD. Date is Friday, 26. May 2017. Brick size is 50.

PS2: No matter, what broker I used in the past: the same problem. You can validate this problem with Ninjatraderbrokerage/Continuum, too. Has nothing to do with the broker. I cant be 100 percent sure, but I am relative sure about its.
Attached Images
File Type: png wickedrenko_vergleich_nt7_nt8.png (85.4 KB, 30 views)
Last edited by Rainbowtrader; 05-28-2017 at 04:22 AM.
Old 05-30-2017, 12:13 PM   #20
aog076

Hi RainbowTrader, you’re right with this appreciation

The attached NT8 chart has “break at EOD” activated. I did not see this because I always turn EOD off and I see continuous charts. With Break at EOD on, at the end of session current bar is finished and a new bar is started at next session.

At session end, NT7 WickedRenko equals open and close and draws a cross like the Picture you attached, as open=close it never draws a candle.
With NT8 WickedRenko Chart result is overlapping between last session bar and new session first bar.

I made a modification to NT8 script to draw the same as NT7 with EOD on. See attached pintures of CL 07-17 20 WickedRenko
If that’s ok and don’t see any difference between NT7 and NT8 I’ll post update to version 8 indicators
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NT7 CL07-17 Wicked20 23-26May.JPG (108.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg NT8 CL07-17 Wicked20 23-26May.JPG (125.9 KB, 15 views)
Old 05-30-2017, 01:18 PM   #21
Rainbowtrader

Hi @aog076,

thanks for your work!

A question: did you proved the theme I were posting in my last post: the screenshot with the differences between NT7 and NT8 in sizing/scaling on the screen?

Best regards,
Rainbowtrader
Old 05-31-2017, 11:48 AM   #22
aog076

Hi

You mean end of session bars? I downloaded playback data to reproduce graph.

Look at the attached picture, seems the same as in NT7
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EURUSD.JPG (152.1 KB, 30 views)
The following user says thank you to aog076 for this post:
Old 05-31-2017, 12:18 PM   #23
Rainbowtrader

Hi aog076,

no, I do not. I mean the "scaling size" of the chart, from all bricks. Take a look at the picture, again. I hope, you understand, what I mean

Best regards,
Rainbowtrader
Attached Images
File Type: png wickedrenko_vergleich_nt7_nt8.png (85.4 KB, 41 views)
Old 06-01-2017, 02:16 PM   #24
aog076

Hi

Not sure but I think it's about chart settings, have you tried a bar width 3 or less?

If it's not that can you post another chart with less bricks to show differences?

Thanks
Old 06-01-2017, 03:11 PM   #25
Rainbowtrader

Hi aog076,

the lowest possible number I can chose is "1". But that is not less enough. My logical brain is telling: the algorythm in this NT8 version "WickedRenko" is not the same as in the NT7 version of the "WickedRenko".

So now I repeat again and perhaps one can telling me, what the problem is, that no one can convert THE ORIGINAL WICKED RENKO NT7 I were posting in a working NT8 version - with really 100,0 percent same output and optic and features and everything LIKE A PERFECT CLONE.

Best regards,
Rainbowtrader
Old 08-23-2017, 08:16 PM   #26
gubbar924

Rainbowtrader,

Based on what you wrote on your side by side screenshots ...

I was having a similar problem with moving from NT7 to NT8, the candles just didnt look as sharp/clear/defined/etc

Try changing the screen resolution of your computer to something smaller and see if that helps.
If your native resolution is 1920 x 1080, try 1600 x 900 while running NT8, you could always change it back after you're done. Or better yet, if you have multiple monitors, set 1 to a smaller resolution and run NT on that screen.