Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Only 1 Alert fires per chart bar with Drawn Obj

Hello Support,

I've been trying to get an alert to trigger when price Crosses Into & Out of a rectangle drawn on a chart.

I've uploaded pics of the Alert Configurations (Alerts Config.png) and another pic of the Alert Log and Chart (Alert Log and Chart Example.png).

Notice there a 2 alerts configured. One for Entering the Rectangle and another for Exiting. Both alerts rearm on "Bar Close"

Looking at the Alert Log and Chart, you'll see a blue rectangle used for the Alert. I used the Simulated Datafeed to test price entering the rectangle from above and trend down past through the rectangle.

Notice that ONLY the "INSIDE Alert Rectangle" alert triggered and NOT the "OUTSIDE Alert Rectangle".

This happens when price passes through the Alert Rectangle in ONE BAR.

This is not what I expected.

BOTH alerts should trigger since they are armed and operated as independent objects.

Can you pls confirm that BOTH alerts should trigger when price passes through a rectangle in ONE BAR ?

Thank you
    Attached Files

Hello rayko,

Thank you for your post.

I've been testing this and have been able to replicate this issue. I've got our QA team looking into it and I will update you as I get more information.

As a workaround, you could use one alert with two conditions, set to go off if any of the conditions are true; however, this is imperfect as the same action (for example, a popup with a message) would be triggered no matter which condition is hit.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance in the meantime.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello rayko,

Thank you for your patience.

I've heard back from our QA team.

When you create an alert with a Cross Above, Cross Below, Cross Inside, or Cross Outside condition with a lookback period of 1, you are comparing the closing price of the previous bar with the currently traded price. Even if the current bar's high or low price would result in a crossover condition, these will be ignored for crossover conditions. For example, if you have a horizontal line at 2500, your current bar starts at 2300, and you use the trend slider in the simulated data feed to move the price to 2600, then back down to 2400 within the same bar, you will only have cross above events, and these will repeat everywhere the price is between 2500 and 2600.

Unfortunately, this means this behavior is expected. There may be workarounds for this using NinjaScript, but this is a limitation of the Alerts functionality.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
      Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post DJ888
      by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
      0 responses