NT 6.5 10 and Mbtrading and reboot needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 6.5 10 and Mbtrading and reboot needed

It seems that NT has to be rebooted when Mbtrading forex is disconnected, and a person want to reconnect to Mbtrading.

I just thought I would bring it to your attention because it cause problems for people who have the Multi Broker account, and have several brokers connected at the same time.

It should not have to reboot the platform to make a second connection to Mbtrading Forex

Originally posted by akwonline View Post
    It should not have to reboot the platform to make a second connection to Mbtrading Forex

+1 What exactly is the technical reason for having to do this?

Comment

It is a limitation of the MBT API in the .NET environment. There is nothing that can be done about this limitation.
      RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Unacceptable!

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
        It is a limitation of the MBT API in the .NET environment. There is nothing that can be done about this limitation.
        That essentially means NO ANY possibility to keep trades unattended (either automatic strategies or even running simple trailing stop!), thus rendering NT + MBT combo as unusable for such purposes! That is because ANY disconnect would require restarting the NT, and I couldn't seen a possibility to restart NT automatically on connection drop. I might be wrong but prior to beta 10 lost MBT connection somehow managed to came back without any NT restarting or an action from the user at all... BTW what exactly the limitation is and did anyone get some info from MBT regarding whether or when the issue will be fixed?

Please correct if I'm wrong in assumptions above, I was just thinking about going MBT+NT live Does IB connection affected as well?
        Last edited by nintra; 03-25-2008, 02:26 AM. Reason: added remark about previous betas

Comment

>> hat is because ANY disconnect would require restarting the NT
          Incorrect. NT recovers internally from temporary loss of connection. Nothing has changed with B10 in that regard.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
            >> hat is because ANY disconnect would require restarting the NT
            Incorrect. NT recovers internally from temporary loss of connection. Nothing has changed with B10 in that regard.
            Thanks, I stand corrected. So the things are not THAT bad

But... If the connection can recover after say a network disconnect, why there is no chance to make the same when going from NT interactive menu, Say not using the call currently used via MBT TS API but rather simulating the temporary connection break that CAN be recovered without restarting?

Another question. If I have my MBT connection at the primarly, can we still configure and ACTUALLY use another connection as the datafeed one?

Comment

>> why there is no chance to make the same when going from NT interactive menu
              As Ray stated there are some MBT API limitations.

>> If I have my MBT connection at the primarly, can we still configure and ACTUALLY use another connection as the datafeed one?
              No, the data feed connection needs to be the first connection.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
                >> why there is no chance to make the same when going from NT interactive menu
                As Ray stated there are some MBT API limitations.

>> If I have my MBT connection at the primarly, can we still configure and ACTUALLY use another connection as the datafeed one?
                No, the data feed connection needs to be the first connection.
                So this setup will NOT work?

Would it work with IB instead of MBT/EFX?

Attached Files

Comment

Misunderstanding: I was referring to having two separate, independent connections not one being the backup of the other. I suggest giving it a try.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post algospoke  
                  Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post maybeimnotrader