Order Flow + ..Looks promising & suggestions for Volume Profile/TPO Profile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order Flow + ..Looks promising & suggestions for Volume Profile/TPO Profile

I watched the Order Flow + webinar with interest and I'm really pleased that you are building these order flow tools natively into NT8.

The Order Flow Volume Profile indicator wasn't demonstrated in the webinar as it will be in a future release, and I wanted to make some suggestions in this area. My sincere hope is that this tool will develop to be a full market profile-style chart (i.e. Volume Profile + TPO Profile chart)

Suggestions:

(1) For the Volume Profile indicator, please include the following:

- Allow user to define start and end times of session, or to switch to session template times
    - Show the Volume Value Area on the chart (user definable, usually 68% or 70%).
    - Allow volume outside the Value Area to be presented in a different colour from volume inside the Value Area
    - Show lines for Volume Value Area Low (VVAL), Volume Value Area High (VVAH), Volume Point of Control (VPOC). NB. this relates to yesterdays Volume Value Area
    - Show lines for developing Volume Value Area Low (dVVAL), developing Volume Value Area High (dVVAH), developing Volume Point of Control (dVPOC). NB. this relates to todays developing Volume Value Area
    - Automatically draw High Volume Nodes (HVNs) and Low Volume Nodes (LVNs) as lines emerging from the volume profile. Allow the user to turn off/on this function.

(2) Develop a TPO Profile indicator based on the same structure as the above Volume Profile Indicator. Allow the above chart to be switchable from showing Volume to presenting TPO (Time Price Opportunity)

- Instead of a volume profile in (1),allow this chart to print TPO letters. Allow user to define TPO length (e.g. 30 minutes)
    - Allow user to define start and end times of session, or to switch to session template times
    - Show the TPO Value Area on the chart (user definable, usually 68% or 70%).
    - Allow TPO letters outside the Value Area to be presented in a different colour from TPOs inside the Value Area
    - Allow user to set opening range length TPO and present this in a different colour from other TPOs
    - Automatically generate horizontal lines on the chart at the point where there is only a single TPO letter generated during the day (these are known as Singles or Single Prints)
    - Allow user to define Initial Balance (IB) length (e.g. 60 minutes)
    - Automatically draw horizontal lines to represent IB, IBx1.5, IBx2, IBx3
    - Show lines for TPO Value Area Low (VAL), TPO Value Area High (VAH), TPO Point of Control (POC). NB. this relates to yesterdays TPO Value Area
    - Show lines for developing TPO Value Area Low (dVAL), developing TPO Value Area High (dVAH), developing TPO Point of Control (dVPOC). NB. this relates to todays developing TPO Value Area

I do hope that you will be able to implement this request in the near future, as NT8 will then become a complete order flow tool. Please contact me if you need any further information or examples of what I am referring to in the description above.

Thanks!
    Last edited by synclavier; 01-24-2018, 06:00 AM. Reason: Couple more points added...

Hello synclavier,

Thank you for your feedback and thoughtful suggestions. I will certainly forward a note to our development team so interest is tracked for future feature consideration.

Thanks again for your use of NinjaTrader.

We look forward to assisting further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

Thanks again for your feedback. Please also make sure to download and review our update regarding these items, see the below link for more.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...d.php?t=107449

Let us know if we may assist further.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_EricB View Post
      Hello synclavier,

Thank you for your feedback and thoughtful suggestions. I will certainly forward a note to our development team so interest is tracked for future feature consideration.

Thanks again for your use of NinjaTrader.

We look forward to assisting further.
      Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Waxavi
      by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM