Session Manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Session Manager

Do the Start End times adjust automatically to make the times correct, Regular Trading Hours , in the time zone the PC in the session manager, or is this just a manual process and have to change the time zone to match my PC?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by gg80108; 03-05-2013, 06:56 PM.

Hi gg80108,

Thank you for your post.

Start and end times as defined in this window conform to the timezone selected in the drop-down menu at the bottom of the window.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Txs
      Does the time template have any effect if u are using daily bars?

Comment

Hello gg80108,

The session template should not have an impact on daily bars as the price data is provided by the data provider.
        Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

session times

I also have a question please about this.
          I am trying to set session end/start to NY close 5pm EST. I'm in Brisbane UTC +10.
          The chart session line I can't budge no matter what I try. Do I need to adjust my computer clock?
          The session manager seems to default to 24/7 when I open it.

thanks

Comment

Hello keansound,

The time displayed in NinjaTrader is based off your PC clock. To have the chart display in US Eastern Time you will need to have you PC clock set to US Eastern.

Who are you connected to? This is displayed by green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

What instrument have you selected?

What interval do you have selected for the chart? Day, minute

Comment

Txs Chris, I now have my pc clock on EST. I am using windows on VMware on imac, so I have 2 time zones on one computer however it seems to be working ok on Windows. what I am trying to achieve is replicate my old MT4 indicators and candle shapes to Ninja 7 and having great difficulty. I am half backtested and wishing to speed things up with the much better Ninja. Firstly the 1hr candle shapes are so different. MT4 candles are on the hour, Ninja for some reason is on the half hour with 1hr charts. How do I change this? The Ninja indicator - PriorDay OHLC seems to calculate on the 1830 candle which I believe isn't the current NYclose time of 5pm, it is also the session break line. How do I change this?
              With MT4 I use International Capital Markets at +3 GMT, and Ninja I use MBT now on -4 GMT. I am at +10 GMT. I'm comparing EURUSD 1hr charts with pivots and Yesterdays High/Low etc. There seems to be less than 1 pip difference on the live chart current price which is close enough data. Thanks for any feedback.

Comment

Hello keansound,

The start time on the chart is controlled by the session template.

You will want to use a session template that starts on the hour and not the half hour.

You can change the session template on a chart in the Data Series window. The Data Series window is the window that first opens when opening a new chart. To access the Data Series window on an open chart you will need to right click on the chart and select Data Series.

Once in the Data Series window select Session template, select the template you want to use and press OK.

You can view/edit/create session templates in the Session Manager window. Below is a link to the Session Manager section of our help guide.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...on_manager.htm

Comment

Session manager Daily/1440 min question

Hi

I understand there is a difference between Daily and 24x60 = 1440 min data with NT. I've set up the 3 session times over 24hrs for Gold futures and want to display the 1440 min data as a single bar.

If I display Daily data I get a single bar but the OHLC values are not the same as the 1440 values.
                  If I display 1440 data then I get 3 bars for the 3 different sessions.

How can I configure NT to give what I want? Is there a toggle to only give RTH data?

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the note.

In NinjaTrader 7, using daily bars will automatically use RTH data, while minute bars will use ETH data. So using a 1440 minute chart will load ETH data on a 'daily' chart.

So there is no way to toggle RTH/ETH data, but this is a workaround to acheive the same thing. You can use daily charts for RTH data, and 1440 minute charts for ETH data.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
                    Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by mmenigma, Today, 02:22 PM
                    0 responses
                    1 view
                    0 likes
                    Last Post mmenigma  
                    Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                    9 responses