Version 10 doesn't seem to be updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Version 10 doesn't seem to be updating

I downloaded V.10 yesterday and had no problems and shut down around 2110. The starup this morning had none of the downloading messages for each pair and the pairs remained where I left them last night. I made a new chart and it came up properly. I have Default checked under workspaces.

a) what you mean by V10? There is 6.5.0.10 and 6.0.1000.10 but no V10.
    b) what you mean by pair? Could you please be specific?
    c) which provider did you connect to this morning?

Thanks

Comment

6.5.0.10 failing to update

I forgot you are not a forex only platform. Pairs are currency pairs and Gain Capital is some how NOT updating the pairs that I created yesterday. I made a new chart this am, the USDJPY and it updated fine.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

a) are you on 6.5.0.10?
        b) next time this happens, please Right click on chart->Format data series: what's the value of "Last date"?

Comment

Last date was yesterday

I changed the date and all is well. Thanks
          Might this happen on a daily basis as I never saw it with the other version?

Comment

Well, it should not happen. Please keep us posted as you see it again.

Please double check that you are on 6.5.0.10. Are you?

Comment

6.5.0.10 absolutely

Also, a suggestion on something entirely different. Is it possible to allow the Price Alert indicator to be moved to new prices as one would do with a horizontal line that is drawn on the chart, click and move versus opening the indicator box and changing it? Just a thought. Have a great day.

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion. We'll add it to the list of future considerations.

Comment

I've been seeing this issue as well in 6.5 b10
                  e.g., I have a daily INTC chart up in one of my workspaces and when I start up NT and open the workspace, it sometimes doesn't update the chart to the current date.
                  Today, the chart was stuck on last friday (so where a few other daily charts), which is the last day I had this chart open; when I hit format data series, it offered me the 17. (yesterday, Monday) and I had to manually select today's date.
                  This problem was more prevalent with the beta 9 but it still persists, though I have not been able to determine the exact sequence of events that makes it appear.

redwoood

Comment

We fixed some issues related. Please let us know as the issue persists after next update (should be available within the next 7 days). Thanks

Comment

A bug in B10?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
                      Thanks for the info.

a) are you on 6.5.0.10?
                      b) next time this happens, please Right click on chart->Format data series: what's the value of "Last date"?

a) yes
                      b) yes it happens now with B10! Never saw on previous betas. Either should be fixed OR, if that made on purpose to froze/limit data sample, an extra option to automatically update up to the recent quote should be added.

Comment

Comment

iff

the value is March 22nd. Had manually to move to the current date.
                          I don't know about version 9 but never saw that with B7 or B8 (not sure which one I had before B10). And yes, it happens now with B10!

Either should be fixed OR, if that made on purpose to froze/limit data sample, an extra option to automatically update up to the recent quote should be added.

PS And yes, in all charts the property Exclude Weekend is set to false.
                          Last edited by nintra; 03-25-2008, 03:20 AM. Reason: PS added

Comment

I suggest giving it a fresh start, since your old workspace files may hold an error. Please delete them by removing all files in <my documents>/NinjaTrader6.5/workspaces.

Please let us know if the issue persist after that reset. Thanks

Comment

?

I suggest giving it a fresh start, since your old workspace files may hold an error. Please delete them by removing all files in <my documents>/NinjaTrader6.5/workspaces.

Please let us know if the issue persist after that reset. Thanks
                              As I already updated all charts and re-saved workspace too, I think next time we will know is after the next weekend

As the workspace file is just plain XML file, I can check on the issue you mentioned. What should I check there?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post geddyisodin  
                              Started by JonesJoker, 04-22-2024, 12:23 PM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes