Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day Light saving time and Charts

Hello

I am just posting this to see if anyone else is having problems with the charts after Day light savings time. The time periods seem not to be coinciding.

I am having especial problems with the over night 60min charts

Let me know if anyone else has the same problems

Thanks

Please make sure you are on latest 6.5.0.10 or 6.0.1000.10.

Comment

6.5.0.10 (I am in CST and have my computer set to DST = Chicago time) I connected to Gain, got historical data for EUR/USD - it was one hour short. Started getting real-time data. It was correct, but left an hour gap on my chart. Set my computer back 1 hour. Now Gain history and real time are OK (Might have cleared the db and reloaded). Dropped Gain connection, Connected to IB. Got ZS (Soybeans data). It was one hour short (8:30 - 12:15) !!! Why can't you just deliver the data with the timestamp the same as the exchange that it came from? My computer clock should have nothing to do with the data time. (Once upon a time my computer clock said 00:00:00 January 1, 1970 - I certainly would not want my data flagged as such...)

Comment

NT coverts exchange time to your local time -> you need to have your PC clock right.

Comment

How about just keep to exchange time?

I think for those of us who reside <outside> of US, we'd very much prefer to keep to the exchange's time in the charts. There's no value is using the PC's local time for recording the incoming ticks because our indicators/strategies should execute against the instrument's trading times!

May I suggest that we "skip" this needless conversion which just about screws up the loading of the data esp. for those of us travelling across different timezones but doing trading. The trades recorded (because of the different timezones it was recorded in) would be messed up.

Hope this one makes it through the current / coming release.

FYI, to overcome the limitation, I have permanently fixed my PC's clock to US' EST because each time I forget to reset - before trading - the ticks are recorded wrongly!

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion. We'll add it to the list of future considerations.

Comment

delayed history data

What time stamp do you put on data that is delayed 10-20 minutes? Specifically eSignal data?

Comment

Historical data is time stamped at the source, meaning eSignal. If its delayed real-time, it will be time stamped locally.
                RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

locally? meaning my machine clock time? Whatever. I think there is a bug in it but I don't have any more time to help you guys debug your product. Put me on the payroll and I will continue with the QA.

Comment

Locally means your PC time clock. Thanks for your efforts kenz987.
                    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I agree totally with mav8rick. This change should be made ASAP, as opposed to some future considerations. It is a huge irritation for anyone traveling outside the exchange timezone. What makes it even more senseless is that you are going to some effort to convert it from the exchange timezone, as opposed to just leaving it as it is.
                      I have yet to hear of anyone who actually wants the data in the local PC time.

As for the rest of the product...it is awsome, thanks.

Comment

>> I have yet to hear of anyone who actually wants the data in the local PC time
                        Please take a look at TradeStation

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                        6 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post alifarahani  
                        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                        1 response
                        0 likes