Market Replay Cool!! But broken??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay Cool!! But broken??

Wow, the market replay is cool to re-run tick data. I have save 4 days worth of data.

When I try to rerun any of the days, the behaviour is the same. It re-runs fine for about the first 6 or 7 hours of data, but then the chart freezes.

The replay controller still shows the time progressing as usual but the chart has stopped.

I tried restarting NT since the memory usage was 1 Gig which is my max memory.

After restarting, NT was only using 436 meg when the chart got stuck for a total memory usage of 736. So it isn't a lack of memory.

I'm running windows XP and NT 6.5.0.10 [Live]

What's the issue?

Sincerely,
    Wayne

Could it be because of gaps in my replay data? I noticed that if I fast forward to later times in the day, it continues to work. Hmmm.

Comment

Your suspicion is the same as mine. Did you lose connectivity during those freeze points?
      Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No. I finally looked that calendar and realized that on those days NT died due to a memory leak. When I came home from the office it had blown out the memory.

On one day, however, I shut every thing else down, killed all unnecessary processes and it obviously survived 24 hours since I do have a complete replay file for the 27th.

I just isolated the cause of the memory leak and posting a strategy separately to reproduce the problem for tech support.

Wayne

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
        14 responses
        0 likes