Workspaces, oy vay! What is the trick??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workspaces, oy vay! What is the trick??

If I'm running NT, and my session is finished, I hit 'exit' to quit NT, I get 'save workspace' and I choose 'yes to all', if my charts are *minimized*, the workspace get's wasted!! That is, the workspace is listed but the charts will NOT come back up if I click on that particular workspace when launching NT at a later time, and here's the real drag, I have to completely RE-DO my charts! That is extreeeemely frustrating. So, I know this is beta, but what is the secret when you wanna quit NT? Do you 'save' workspace? or do you say 'no to all'??

Not sure what you mean. When you save a workspace you should be able to bring all the charts back up. Try right clicking in the taskbar and selecting "restore".
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

re: workspace...

when I quit nt, and come back later. I launch it. Normally, NT will bring up the last saved charts, right? whatever, when I quit NT, whatever workspaces were up, but were minimized(not sure this HAS TO BE), they do not come back up when I re-launch NT. I can "open workspace" and select them and nothing happens. I can see the .xml file in the workspace directory, and view it, but when I select via NT the do not launch. Do you understand me?

Comment

workspaces

I'm pretty sure this is a bug with the workspace, unless my NT beta got corrupt somehow. I can see the .xml file in the directory, but when I select them via "File > Open Workspace", they do not show up. AND I can see them selected in the File > Workspaces "active" workspace. But there are NO charts launched, not even minimized.

Comment

Can you inform me of which version of the beta you are on and also mail support your workspace files via "Mail to Support". Mention this thread in your email too. Thanks.

Comment

Workspaces...

I don't mean to be vague, I'm trying to reproduce. I wasted my .xml files, and started "anew", so I can't send you anything right now, but when I reproduce I will send along my file, and a more definitive explanation, hopefully :-). I'm running 6.5.0.10(Live)

Comment

Thank you for your efforts.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Kaledus
              by Kaledus