Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Limit order with stoploss (free edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limit order with stoploss (free edition)

Hi NT-Team,

I recently changed my license to the free edition, and have a question in this regard.

Is it possible to enter a predefined limit order in the basic entry window with a preset stoploss target?

If this is not possible, i might need to change platform/broker.

Hope you are able to help.

Hello eklitz,

Thank you for your post.

The free Direct Edition license key will allow you to manually place stop and limit orders. Here are links to the Help Guide where you can find more information about submitting orders from the SuperDOM and the Basic Entry windows:
    The free Direct Edition license key does not allow you to pre-define your stop loss and profit target orders before entering a position. The ability to pre-define stop loss and profit target orders is only available with ATM Strategies, which is a feature of the Standard Edition license key. You may review the licensing options for live trading at the link below. This table will compare the platform features for each of the available licensing options along with the corresponding commission rates for live trades:
    Let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Thx for the reply.

So what you are saying is that i will not be able to even add a TP or SL even after the limit order has been executed?

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

This is Eric with NinjaTrader Platform Support, following up on behalf of my colleague Christopher.

No, to clarify, manual orders will still be able to be placed manually to set orders to manage the position.

What the Free/Direct edition limits is the ATM - Advanced Trade Management features and OCO - One Cancels Other

With these features, an ATM can submit a stop loss and profit target orders that are linked with OCO and are submitted automatically with the entry order. OCO allows the corresponding stop or target order to be canceled if either is filled. See the below video link for a demonstration from our Help Guide.

https://youtu.be/0ePu4_JXes8

The Free/Direct edition key will still allow the orders to be manually placed after entering a position.

We look forward to assisting further.
        Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
        Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
        2 responses