Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

DOM and T&S Volume histograms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, Thanks so much for your help! I am supposed to import as ninjascript right? For some reason I am not seeing the file populate in the browser window for NT 7. Is that for NT8 ? I should have said what version of NT im on

Comment

I imported into the strategy and indicator folder and then on NT7 went to tools and edit strategy & Indicator and pressed f5 on the new window that populated and got "error generating strategy/error generating indicator"

Comment

Hello mrxdaviepoo,

Thank you for your response.

The file was designed for NinjaTrader 8. Please delete it from your NinjaTrader 7 file directory and then Compile your NinjaScript files by going to Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator > select any indicator > right click in the NinjaScript Editor and select Compile.

Once complete download the attach NT 7 version to your desktop > then go to File > Utilities > Import NinjaScript > select the file on your desktop.

To be clear this is an example to get you started. We do not provide programming services. Please review the code and follow up with questions so you may understand the functionality.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
          Hello johnnymustard,

Thank you for your post.

I have created a video demonstrating how to set up your SuperDOM as seen in the screenshot you provided. You may view this video at the following link: https://patrickh-ninjatrader.tinytak...I5N182ODAwMTgz

Please let me know if you have any questions.
          Hi NinjaTrader_PatrickH

Thank you for the video. One question, in properties- visual, what does "Bar color" mean or what is it?

Thanks for clarification.

Michael

Comment

Hello michi08,

Thank you for your post.

'Bar Color' for the Volume Column refers to when you use the option 'Standard' for the 'Type' under 'Set up' as this will only produce a solid bar.

Comment

Hi patrick I recently moved over to nt 8 and was wondering how to import the .cs file for the ninja script? it doesnt allow me to import it into nt8 directly

thanks in advance

Comment

Hello mrxdaviepoo,

Thank you for your post.

You can use the attached file to import the indicator in NinjaTrader 8 through the Control Center > Tools > Import > NinjaScript Add On... menu.

Attached Files

Comment

Hello memonolog,

Thank you for your post.

Please make sure to visit the following link on the MarketDepthEventArgs: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...heventargs.htm

After reviewing the details at the link above you will be able to implement a check for the MarketDataType. For example:
                  Code:
                  		protected override void OnMarketDepth(MarketDepthEventArgs marketDepthUpdate)
                  		{
                  			if ([B]marketDepthUpdate.MarketDataType == MarketDataType.Ask[/B] && marketDepthUpdate.Volume > VolumeSize)
                  			{
                  				PlaySound(NinjaTrader.Core.Globals.InstallDir + @"\sounds\Alert1.wav");
                  			}
                  			if ([B]marketDepthUpdate.MarketDataType == MarketDataType.Bid[/B] && marketDepthUpdate.Volume > VolumeSize)
                  			{
                  				PlaySound(NinjaTrader.Core.Globals.InstallDir + @"\sounds\Alert2.wav");
                  			}
                  		}
                  You can implement different Alert sounds as I did above as well as different VolumeSize variables for Bid or Ask if you wish.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post PaulMohn  
                  Started by Conceptzx, 10-11-2022, 06:38 AM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post PhillT