Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Ema crossover indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to the forums siriusm!

Plot lines can be hidden by setting the plot brush to transparent. I.E. Brushes.Transparent. These are set within the State.Configure section of OnStateChange.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jim View Post
      Welcome to the forums siriusm!

Plot lines can be hidden by setting the plot brush to transparent. I.E. Brushes.Transparent. These are set within the State.Configure section of OnStateChange.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.
      Hi Jim, thanks a lot. It works.

Comment

Hi,

Can I draw moving average under the candlestick in a chart? That means the candlestick of price bar is on the top of the MA line.

Besides, I want to show color only inside the band area of 1st std Dev in order flow VWAP indicator, is there any setting to disable the color for band areas of 2nd and 3rd std Dev.

Thank you.

Comment

Hello siriusm,

You can use SetZOrder(-1) in State.Historical to have the indicator draw behind Chart Bars.

SetZOrder - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...?setzorder.htm

We don't have any options to set separate opacity for each color band area, but you could set how many standard deviations you want plotted. Could you clarify if setting the number of Std Dev bands to One resolves your inquiry? If you would like to display additional standard deviations but set the opacity for those areas separately, we could submit your input as a feature request.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Comment

Hello siriusm,

You can use SetZOrder(-1) in State.Historical to have the indicator draw behind Chart Bars.

SetZOrder - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...?setzorder.htm

We don't have any options to set separate opacity for each color band area, but you could set how many standard deviations you want plotted. Could you clarify if setting the number of Std Dev bands to One resolves your inquiry? If you would like to display additional standard deviations but set the opacity for those areas separately, we could submit your input as a feature request.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
            Hi Jim,

I am not familiar with coding (use SetZOrder) to draw indicator behind chart bars. If there is an option in indicator to select draw on (top / behind) of chart bars will be better.

I use 1st, 2nd and 3rd Std Dev bands in VWAP. So, I would like to have the feature that can set different color and opacity for each of Std Dev bands independently.

Besides, can I hide the information (indicators list) on the top of chart?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Hello siriusm,

A property can be added to the script to call SetZOrder() in State.Historical so you can switch between having the script draw behind bars. I've attached an example that can demonstrate.

I've also submitted a feature request on your behalf so we can track interest behind having the VWAP indicator use separate color/opacity for each standard deviation. The ticket ID is SFT-3677. We collect interest in feature requests before determining if the feature should be implemented. For that reason we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. Upon implementation, the number for the ticket ID can be publicly found in the Release Notes page of the help guide. I will provide a link below.

Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jim; 12-13-2018, 02:05 PM. Reason: Re-added example

Comment

Hello siriusm,

A property can be added to the script to call SetZOrder() in State.Historical so you can switch between having the script draw behind bars. You will have to use System.Reflection and override CopyTo() so the private variable that would be used to hold the ZOrder that is set by NinjaTrader can be kept when opening the indicators dialog. I've attached an example that can demonstrate.

EDIT: I need to catch cases when compiling a new NinjaScript assembly. I will update this post when the sample is complete.

I've also submitted a feature request on your behalf so we can track interest behind having the VWAP indicator use separate color/opacity for each standard deviation. The ticket ID is SFT-3677. We collect interest in feature requests before determining if the feature should be implemented. For that reason we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. Upon implementation, the number for the ticket ID can be publicly found in the Release Notes page of the help guide. I will provide a link below.

Thanks Jim,
                • Besides, can I hide the information (indicators list) on the top of chart?

Comment

Hello siriusm,

This can be done by changing the indicator's Label property.

I'll update my other post when I have finished the example.

EDIT: Previous post has example added. This follows the documentation handling to put the ZOrder at NinjaScript level and behind ChartBars without using Reflection.
                  Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jim; 12-13-2018, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Hello siriusm,

A property can be added to the script to call SetZOrder() in State.Historical so you can switch between having the script draw behind bars. I've attached an example that can demonstrate.

Thanks a lot, Jim.
                    Will try to use your example file.

Comment

hello,
                      how can we increase the width of the vertical lines?

Comment

Hello hir04068,

Thanks for your question.

Please see the Draw.VerticalLine documentation in our helpguide for information on various overloads and the parameters that can be used.

Draw.VerticalLine(NinjaScriptBase owner, string tag, DateTime time, Brush brush, DashStyleHelper dashStyle, int width, bool drawOnPricePanel)
                        Draw.VerticalLine(NinjaScriptBase owner, string tag, int barsAgo, Brush brush, DashStyleHelper dashStyle, int width, bool drawOnPricePanel)

Code:
                        Draw.VerticalLine(this, "tag", 0, Brushes.White, DashStyleHelper.Solid, 10, true);
                        Draw.VerticalLine - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...rticalline.htm

We look forward to being of further assistance.

Comment

Hello hir04068,

Thanks for your question.

Please see the Draw.VerticalLine documentation in our helpguide for information on various overloads and the parameters that can be used.

Draw.VerticalLine(NinjaScriptBase owner, string tag, DateTime time, Brush brush, DashStyleHelper dashStyle, int width, bool drawOnPricePanel)
                          Draw.VerticalLine(NinjaScriptBase owner, string tag, int barsAgo, Brush brush, DashStyleHelper dashStyle, int width, bool drawOnPricePanel)

Code:
                          Draw.VerticalLine(this, "tag", 0, Brushes.White, DashStyleHelper.Solid, 10, true);
                          Draw.VerticalLine - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...rticalline.htm

We look forward to being of further assistance.
                          i got this error while editing it.

Comment

Hello hir04068,

The syntax is incorrect.

Please reference the help guide's overloads and double check what you are using for your parameters.

You can also use the Strategy Builder to generate the syntax for you by creating an action that draws a Vertical Line and clicking View Code.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Comment

Dear support staff -- this chain is so helpful, even after so much time. Thank you!

Comment

did what Groups said to do to get it to show as an indicator and I could not find it in the indicators what is wrong with it

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                                0 responses
                                1 view
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Jon17
                                by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
                                0 responses