Position on FXCM not the same as NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Position on FXCM not the same as NT

if the position on Ninja Trader differs to FXCM. is there a way to sync the posions with out a restart?

CRITICAL — If your inquiry involves live orders, please always reach out to your broker's Orders Desk immediately to confirm and manage your live orders and positions.

There would be no way to 'update' NinjaTrader other than to disconnect/reconnect, however, that is treating the symptom and not the root cause. I'd like to try to find out what the position is appearing out of sync in the first place.

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.X)

If you've detected this, I assume it means you're logged into your account in NinjaTrader, in FXCM's platform or web portal. Can you confirm this and also let me know if you're logged into your FXCM account in any other way?

Provide a screenshot of the discrepancy you're reporting:
    • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
    • Click here for instructions
    • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    • Click here for detailed instruction

Comment

using the latest version of NT8. checking NT position with FXCM mobile ap.
      I will reset on the weekend when NT crashes during weekend maintenance.

Comment

You're now reporting that NinjaTrader crashes when disconnects due to maintenance occurs? This would also be generally unexpected. Have you contacted us about this symptom previously? If so, do you recall the ticket number?

Either way, please contact us via email at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com so we may investigate both of these items. Make sure to include a link to this forum post and include "1975763 ATTN Patrick G" in the message.

Comment

Comment

We haven't identified what is unique on your end which is causing this issue. I would recommend following my advice from that post:
            Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
            If this is still a consistent issue every weekend, I would suggest writing in so we can continue the conversation we had originally back in January of 2017 (ticket #1586800).

If you do decide to write in, send an email to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com and make sure to include 'ATTN Patrick G' along with a link to this forum post and 'RE 1586800, 1794954' in the body of the message.

Comment

I did email you and you admitted that it is a NT fault it was not "unique"

Comment

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-3437 ---- has any looked at it yet

Comment

To be more specific, the inability to automatically re-establish the connection is what is expected, not the freeze/crash. I have quoted my response to you from ticket #1953038 on August 14th:

The root issue is that there is no way to reestablish a full connection to FXCM without a manual disconnect and reconnect. That cannot be worked around.

I can see that the disconnects occur, however, there is no information that would give me any clues as to why the disconnects are occurring. NinjaTrader behaves like a radio — it simply displays the information it receives from the connected API and displays it to you. In this case, NinjaTrader reports a connection loss when the FXCM API supplies that information to NinjaTrader.

I am curious about two of your statements:
                  VPS (provided by FXCM - direct connection with no internet)

I am not quite sure I understand what you mean here. What is this exactly? A virtual machine provided by FXCM? Is this still NinjaTrader that you're running? Or is this completely independent of NinjaTrader running software from FXCM?
                  It occurs every time FXCM goes into maintenance.
                  I am unfamiliar with an FXCM maintenance period. Do you have information or documentation from FXCM which states that they have scheduled maintenance at certain times on the weekends? Could you provide that information in your reply.

If the disconnects are truly occurring due to the FXCM maintenance downtime, then there is no current way to fully reconnect automatically. A manual disconnect and reconnect is required. I've submitted a feature request to the Development Team to see if any improvements on the expected behavior can be made, but I suspect this is a limitation of the FXCM API that NinjaTrader uses to connect to FXCM.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-3437. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.
                  Please contact us via email so we can troubleshoot the crashing issue you're reporting.

Comment

Are there any FXCM live account traders using NT out there that can stay connected regularly through weekend maintenance? please message me or post here if you can.

Comment

radicaltrader,

Thanks for posting.

There would not be a way to prevent maintenance from occurring on these servers from the Platform side.
                      Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for your reply... I am just seeking other user experience to see if they can keep strategies running over the weekend period with maintenance disruptions. Does the connection mostly fail to reconnect for all!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
                        0 responses
                        1 view
                        0 likes
                        Last Post cls71
                        by cls71

Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
                        3 responses