Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NinjaTrader 8 not working on Windows 10 Pro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTrader 8 not working on Windows 10 Pro?

Hey all,
    i searched but didnt find any solution. When i double click, nothing happens.

(Windows 10 Pro 64bit)

We'll likely need you to write in via email so we can troubleshoot why you're experiencing this symptom, but let's see what we can learn/fix from the forums.

Is this the first time you're attempting to open NinjaTrader, and it has never worked? Or was NinjaTrader working without issue but is now recently not working?

Literally nothing occurs when you double click on the NinjaTrader shortcut? No splash screen, no error message?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      We'll likely need you to write in via email so we can troubleshoot why you're experiencing this symptom, but let's see what we can learn/fix from the forums.

Is this the first time you're attempting to open NinjaTrader, and it has never worked? Or was NinjaTrader working without issue but is now recently not working?

Literally nothing occurs when you double click on the NinjaTrader shortcut? No splash screen, no error message?
      i see, (verifyng license, initialzing database bla bla etc.) then nothing happens. first time on win 10 but was using on win 7. i just downloaded new and installed clean.

Comment

Let me make sure I understand you:
        • NinjaTrader 8 was installed and working on this PC which was running Windows 7
        • The PC was upgraded to Windows 10
        • After the operating system change, NinjaTrader does not start

Is the above all accurate? If not, please clarify where necessary.

When you say that you 'installed clean', does this mean that you manually deleted the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 folder? Or did you only uninstall from the Control Center with no manual deletion of any files/folders?

So we can further diagnose your system, start NinjaTrader in Safe Mode:
        • To enable safe mode, please use the following steps:
        • Ensure NinjaTrader is shut down
        • Hold the CONTROL key and double click the NinjaTrader icon.
        • Keep the CONTROL key held down until you see the Control Center.
        • You can verify you are in safe mode by going to Help -> About.

Does NinjaTrader's Control Center appear? If so, please continue with the steps below. If it doesn't, please contact us via email at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com. Make sure to include a link to this forum thread and also '1977731 ATTN Patrick G'.

Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please connect to a data feed then open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issues.

If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to the Control Center > Workspaces > Choose your workspace.

If there are no issues, restart NinjaTrader normally and test for issues.

If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding 1 indicator at a time. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns.

Please let me know the results of this test.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
          Let me make sure I understand you:
          • NinjaTrader 8 was installed and working on this PC which was running Windows 7
          • The PC was upgraded to Windows 10
          • After the operating system change, NinjaTrader does not start

Is the above all accurate? If not, please clarify where necessary.

When you say that you 'installed clean', does this mean that you manually deleted the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 folder? Or did you only uninstall from the Control Center with no manual deletion of any files/folders?

So we can further diagnose your system, start NinjaTrader in Safe Mode:
          • To enable safe mode, please use the following steps:
          • Ensure NinjaTrader is shut down
          • Hold the CONTROL key and double click the NinjaTrader icon.
          • Keep the CONTROL key held down until you see the Control Center.
          • You can verify you are in safe mode by going to Help -> About.

Does NinjaTrader's Control Center appear? If so, please continue with the steps below. If it doesn't, please contact us via email at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com. Make sure to include a link to this forum thread and also '1977731 ATTN Patrick G'.

Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please connect to a data feed then open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issues.

If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to the Control Center > Workspaces > Choose your workspace.

If there are no issues, restart NinjaTrader normally and test for issues.

If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding 1 indicator at a time. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns.

Please let me know the results of this test.
          it is completely new system. i mean new cpu, new mobo, new ram all... so i installed new operating system windows 10 pro. ( not upgraded from win 7)

holding control and double clicking it not working. not happens anything.

and also i tried to open with complability settings with win7 , win8 etc. (not working)
          Last edited by fibobo; 09-25-2018, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Please contact us via email at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com. Make sure to include a link to this forum thread and also '1977731 ATTN Patrick G'.

Comment

The solution here was to start in safe mode then disable 'connect on startup' for a connection that was not configured correctly.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post funk10101  
              Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
              11 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post jeronymite