Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Import Metastock Format EOD data into Ninjatrader 8

Hi,

I'm using Ninja Trader 7 for a long time.I have EOD data available in Metastock format. I can import the data of MetaStock Format into Ninja Trader 7. Then I thought about moving to Ninjatrader 8 platform, But When I tried Importing Metastock format EOD data into Ninjatrader 8, It doesn't show me MASTER file in Importing window. I am attaching Screenshots of Folder(Where my MASTER file has recorded) and Ninjatrader 8 Import Window where i can't see MASTER file.

Please Help.

Thanks in Advance.
    Attached Files

I notice that the other files in your Windows File Explorer have their extensions listed following their name and a period. 'F214.DAT' for example.

Is the file's extension 'MASTER'? Or is that simply the file's name? If you change the file's name to 'test.MASTER', does the file appear in NinjaTrader's import window?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      I notice that the other files in your Windows File Explorer have their extensions listed following their name and a period. 'F214.DAT' for example.

Is the file's extension 'MASTER'? Or is that simply the file's name? If you change the file's name to 'test.MASTER', does the file appear in NinjaTrader's import window?
      Hi NinjaTrader_PatrickG,

I tried renaming as you mentioned in your comment. Now it appeared in Ninjatrader Import Window? But still I can't import data as I experienced after clicking that Ninjatrader hanged and not responding.

Any solution for that.

I also would like to mention that in Ninjatrader 7 , I had no issues like this.

Thanks for reply and help

Comment

Could you attach a file to your next post which you've confirmed you're able to import into NinjaTrader but cannot import into NinjaTrader 8?

Comment

Hi,

Could you attach a file to your next post which you've confirmed you're able to import into NinjaTrader but cannot import into NinjaTrader 8?
          Hi NinjaTrader_PatrickG,

It is a folder which is too big to get attached.I have tried attaching Master file but upload window says Invalid file. So I am attaching file to my google drive and sharing link here.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1i4...wKqOEEbpkPnkwL

Thanks for help.

Comment

I am able reproduce what you're reporting - I am able to import this file in NT7 (with some errors), but the File Explorer in NT8 does not even recognize the file.

I am investigating this further with the Development Team and will update this post when I have more information. Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

Hi,

I am able reproduce what you're reporting - I am able to import this file in NT7 (with some errors), but the File Explorer in NT8 does not even recognize the file.

I am investigating this further with the Development Team and will update this post when I have more information. Thanks in advance for your patience.
              Hi NinjaTrader_PatrickG,

Any update on the issue?

Thanks

Comment

The Development Team has made a change which will be included in a future release of NinjaTrader 8. Look for 12968 in the release notes when a new version is released:

Comment

Hi,

The Development Team has made a change which will be included in a future release of NinjaTrader 8. Look for 12968 in the release notes when a new version is released:

http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ease_notes.htm
                  Hi NinjaTrader_PatrickG,

I will check it, Thanks for the support. Is there any date when i can get this updated version?

Comment

We do not have a schedule for releases, but they typically occur about once a month. You can subscribe to the News and Announcements sub-forum to be notified as well.

Comment

Still Can't Import Data

We do not have a schedule for releases, but they typically occur about once a month. You can subscribe to the News and Announcements sub-forum to be notified as well.
                      Hi NinjaTrader_PatrickG,

I have downloaded latest version of Ninjatrader 8 which shows that the issue has been fixed. But still I can't import data as my data is EOD which is based on daily close price and log shows invalid ask value and throwing error. Kindly check it out

Attaching log file in Excel format, File is large so attached in gdrive and shared link here

Comment

I notice that, when using 8.0.15.1, I can now see the MASTER file when the file explorer pops up during the import process, but I receive errors related to not having the instruments in my database for which this file contains data for.

It seems like the root issue is resolved (not being able to import or see the file at all), but now there is an issue with how the data is formatted in the file. Would you agree?

Has the file which you're importing changed since post #5?

Is it possible to export the data so that it doesn't have these invalid values?

Comment

Hi,

I notice that, when using 8.0.15.1, I can now see the MASTER file when the file explorer pops up during the import process, but I receive errors related to not having the instruments in my database for which this file contains data for.

It seems like the root issue is resolved (not being able to import or see the file at all), but now there is an issue with how the data is formatted in the file. Would you agree?

Has the file which you're importing changed since post #5?

Is it possible to export the data so that it doesn't have these invalid values?
                          Hi,

Yes i agree with you that root cause is resolved, but now i can see all format data like .dat .Emaster. Which have no role in importing data.

I think the same that there is still an issue with how the data is formatted in the file.

Yes file has changed it changes everyday with everyday update.

I can't export data from that folder as I have subscribed for data in metastock format.

There's issue with data importing where it should find only master file and daily close price(as we can select in import window.)

Comment

To 'fix' the issue, we simply removed the file extension restriction. This is why you can see all files now.

Can you still import this data successfully into NinjaTrader 7? To clarify, if this does work, you're importing the exact same file in the exact same way?

Comment

Hi,

To 'fix' the issue, we simply removed the file extension restriction. This is why you can see all files now.

Can you still import this data successfully into NinjaTrader 7? To clarify, if this does work, you're importing the exact same file in the exact same way?
                              Yes, I can import that same data in Ninjatrader 7 with same method.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post algospoke  
                              Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred