Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

autotrade with OIF file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

autotrade with OIF file

Any eSignal people out there, using OIF (since the NTDirect DLL became unsupported when eSignal finally got good and into 64-bits a few years ago)?
    My efs writes out the OIF text file no problem into an eSignal folder, then I'm using a synchronization program to get it over to the "incoming" ninjatrader folder that is required to be used in order for ninja to pick up and process the order.
    My PAIN is that about half the time, ninja won't process the file, saying "in use by another process". For the life of me I can't figure out what process other than ninja is accessing the "incoming" ninja folder. Using Process Explorer, the only process it sees using the "incoming" folder is ninjatrader itself. Now, if I look at the "incoming" folder using Windows Explorer, then that does indeed show up along with NinjaTrader. I've seen that when simply saving the OIF file into "incoming" after shutting down the synchronize program just to try a different method and hoping for different results...but nope still intermittent "in use by another process" goes on. Both NT8 and NT7 does this.
    I look forward to some great ideas! Thank you.

Hello davested,

Regarding the API, the NTDirect.dll and NinjaTrader.Client.dll are available for NinjaTrader 8 and work with the 64-bit versions.

Below is a public link to a forum post with information about the API.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...442#post514442

The file in process might indicate that the files are being moved to this folder too rapidly or are being written to the folder instead of being moved to the folder.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 03-10-2022, 08:26 AM.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by funk10101, Today, 08:14 AM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post funk10101  
    Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
    1 response