Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Attached Stratedy Will Not Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Stratedy Will Not Fire

Any ideas on why the attached strategy generates a FLAT signal only... will not output a BUY or SELL market position

Hello sdruley,

Thanks for your post.

Do you see any errors in the "Log" tab of the control center when the strategy is enabled on a chart?

When you go to the "strategies" tab of the control center is the strategy "enabled" as evidenced by the Enabled column?

If you are successfully enabling the strategy on a chart and no errors are being generated then you would need to isolate the conditions to see which one(s) are not performing as expected.

Please note that you have posted in the NinjaTrader8 strategy development area and we will move your thread to the NinjaTrader7 area.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ERROR: Illegal characters in mdRBData1 condition
      and/or
      ERROR: The recent Microsoft update installing ONE DRIVE has caused ambiguity in the location of the indicator or strategy

Comment

Hello sdruley,

Thanks for your reply.

NinjaTrader is not compatible with One Drive because One Drive will try to back-up the documents that NinjaTrader changes in the course of its business and this will cause NinjaTrader to crash.

I would recommend making a backup of your Documents > NinjaTrader 7 folder on your desktop and either disabling OneDrive completely, or ensuring that NinjaTrader 7 is not included in the automatic backup.
        How to exclude individual folders from OneDrive:

how to disable OneDrive on Windows 10:

Comment

NinjaTrader 7 files Decentralized

Paul,

Thank you for clarifying the incompatibility between OneDrive and NinjaTrader 7.
          I have recently disabled OneDrive but there is a residual problem that I have. One of your NinjaTrader resources, with good intent, created a NinjaTrader 7 folder in my documents and inserted certain files that he believed were pertinent to NinjaTrader and shielded from OneDrive. In doing so, I am left with what seems like a fragmented attempt to organize all of the operational files. Things are decentralized now.
          I need help from NinjaTrader to put Humpty Dumpty back together again.

Steve

Comment

Hello sdruley,

Thanks for your reply.

Please write into PlatformSupport[at]NinjaTrader[dot]Com so that we can assist you with the one drive issue. Mark the e-mail Atten: Paul and please include a link to this thread.

Comment

NinjaTrader_Paul

Paul I did what you asked but I have not heard from anyone yet.
              I have lost 2 days of trading and require expert help

Comment

Hello sdruley,

Thanks for your reply.

I've not seen an e-mail come in as yet. Please note that the [at] and [dot] are to be replaced in address previously provided with @ and . (we don't post e-mail addresses directly because of bots that scan for e-mail addresses). Make sure that you add our e-mail to your safe list so that any replies are not blocked. Generally, a successfully received e-mail to us will be auto-responded to within a few moments.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post cre8able  
                Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
                3 responses
                0 likes