X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pivot Points and Floor Pivots

Pivot Points Enhanced

-Draws Pivots up to R5 and S5.
    -You can choose how far out you want the pivot lines to be painted with the "Width" parameter.
    -You can also choose to show the pivot labels or not with the "Labels" parameter. The labeling will automatically differentiate between Daily, Weekly, and Monthly pivots.

Floor Pivots v1.1

Changelog:
    v1.1 - Added midpoint plots
    v1.0 - Public release

-You can choose the Close, High, and Low for the pivot calculations.
    -Set the "FloorLabels" to true if you want the indicator to label the pivot lines as Floor PP etc instead of just PP.
    -"Labels" and "Width" work the same as they do in the Pivot Points indicator.

Note: These are the same indicators as the ones I posted here. Just thought I'd make it easier to find for people not aware of that thread.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_JoshP; 08-16-2007, 01:10 AM.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

uacvax,

Thanks for the definable floor trader pivots, they are an integral part of my charting. I was wondering if would be possible to also program the midpoints as well?

Comment

Grab it above.

Comment

uacvax,

What can I say, you are the man!

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks a lot Josh. I was looking for this enhancement, unfortunately changing the numbers messes up my volume profile.

Maybe I'll try to get it to calculate the values automatically with a parameter when the session closes. This would be my first ninjascript hack though.
          Last edited by Rollins; 11-02-2007, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Quick Question

Hello,

When taking yesterdays data to determine todays pivot points.

Do I use only the reg session data from yesterday or the entire day?

thanks,

Colin

Comment

Prostyle,

I use the numbers from www.mypivots.com

Comment

It depends on the instrument you're trading. E.g. it seems to me that in the currency futures the 24h pivots with eastern time work well.
                Most often they are based on session data though like the ES (i guess?). -> mypivots.com

Comment

Hi,

Does anyone know what the difference is between the below Floor Pivots and TRO's Slot Machine Battle Lines pivots?

I look at mypivots.com and enter the Close_Floor, High_Floor, Low-Floor values in Josh's FloorPivots indicator (btw, I record market data using OpenTick). The calculated values that appear on the chart are always the same as the mypivots.com values under the "Classic" column.

Then on the same chart, I try TRO's battle lines. But the above never match TRO's Battle Lines pivots, even though from what I can tell, TRO's indicator is using the same formulas.

Why the difference?

Thanks,
                  Bert

edit:
                  Also, what is the difference between pivots and floor pivots?

Comment

TRO BattleLines uses the same pivot implementation as the one in the official NinjaTrader pivots indicator.

Floor pivots sometimes don't match up because of differences in opening/closing prices. This is commonly attributed to different session begin/end times. If your chart is set to begin at say 9am and end 4pm instead of 9am and 4:15pm then, you end up with different numbers being used in the pivots calculations. Basically once you sync up the time frames you should get the same numbers, but if you are using mypivots.com to determine your pivots there might be a difference in data that is causing the discrepancy.

I think the difference between pivots and floor pivots is just that floor pivots are the ones used on the floor. They like to use their own inputs instead of just going off of the chart? I'm not too sure.

Comment

Pivot Points Enhanced

Hi Josh,
                      Thanks for the changes.
                      I live in Australia, and the US day session times are, at the moment, 23.30pm to 6.15 am. ( My local time)
                      In another indicator I use in Ninja Trader there is a section in the Parameters of that indicator , with the heading "Session Times". I have this set as follows

Session Times
                      Override Chart Session False
                      Session Begins 23.30.00
                      Session Ends 16.15.00

I don't know how much work is needed to include this ,as an option in the Parameters on this Pivot Point Indicator, but for anyone outside the USA using Ninja ,it is a excellant feature and time saver, being able to set the start and end times , so calcualtions are correct
                      Thanks
                      Michael B

Comment

Hmm an interesting suggestion, but it would require a fundamental overhaul of the way the current implementation works. It would need a way to figure out that the difference between the dates still corresponds with one trading session. Perhaps someone from the community could make these changes?

Comment

Hi Josh,
                          I use the TPo / Volume indicator from Muly , at Fin Alg . This indicator has this option in the parameters of the indictor.
                          For me, living outside of the US, it is a fantastic feature, and is the only practical manner in which I can use these tools.
                          Thanks
                          Michael B

Comment

We have the dealing with different time zone on our list for future enhancements yet. Thanks for you suggestion though.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                              If your chart is set to begin at say 9am and end 4pm instead of 9am and 4:15pm then, you end up with different numbers being used in the pivots calculations.
                              Anyone know if mypivots uses the 9am ET to 4:15pm ET to set their high/low/close for e-mini futures?

And, also, which is the Ninja "official" pivot indicator? The one Josh wrote?

Thanks,
                              Bert

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Perr0Grande  
                              Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
                              0 responses