Horizontal line with text value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horizontal line with text value

Am looking for an indicator that would add the text value of the horizontal line just above and to the right of the line. Anyone know of such an animal??
    Thanks
    Dean

Hello deanldavis475,

Thanks for your post.

You might take a look at: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...d=4&linkid=326

There may be others also in the download section: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...ks.php?catid=4
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Paul
      Thank you exactly what I wanted.
      Dean

Comment

Whoops spoke to soon. That is for version 7 and I am looking for the same think for version 8. Any ideas??
        Dean

Comment

Hi Dean,

Thanks for your reply.

You posted in the NT7 forums so I assumed NT7.

There is a NT8 version here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...d=7&linkid=769
          Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

I need to draw the price for a horizontal line (line from a script, not manually drawn!) at the y-axis but I can not find in helpguide nor in the forum (maybe inaccurate keyword from me) how to do for having this on the right side where price is shown.

Thank you!
            Tony

Comment

Hello Tony,

Below is a link to the labels for horizontal lines indicator.
              8/18/2010 ‐ Updated the code to remove the code that was broken when NT7 Beta 20 was released. 7/30/2010 ‐ Updated the code to not require the Accessabillity and System Configuration Assemblies. Rich Modified the LabelHorzLine Indicator to include an Alert function that will trigger when price crosses the line. I also made some additional […]

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
              Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Chelsea,

thank you for your reply. Sorry that I did not write "I know there are 3 or more indicators showing the price of a horizontal line to download" because that link you posted is in many threads.

I translate and ask different: I need to get the price from a horizontal line that is drawn by conditions in a script, and modified by conditoins in a script to show this price on price axis.
                (the indicators from the ninjatraderecosystem do not help me to work with in the code).

I´m trying to get a solution and joined my code with constant lines (as they are plotted on price-axis). So its simply coding the value from my conditions and plotting the line with that value but I still have only the line and I do not have the price on price-axis. I cant find the difference to the constant lines indicator to understand why this indicator plots price on price axis.

I also found this thread, but this plot also is not shown in price-axis: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...to-nt7-version

Thank you!
                Tony
                Last edited by tonynt; 08-03-2019, 07:26 AM. Reason: add link

Comment

Hello Tony,

Unfortunately, it is not supported by NinjaTrader to render in the price margin.

Only plot markers will show here.

You can use AddPlot() and set the Value and this will place a marker at that price in the price margin.

Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 08-04-2019, 11:10 AM.
                  Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply. When adding referring the link and for testing purposes in onbarupdate eg Value[0]=Close[0]-10*TickSize(to see the price there and not hidden by black pricemarker); then it plots the line at the close, but the price doesnt show in the price-axis(?)

Thank you!
                    Tony
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by tonynt; 08-05-2019, 01:00 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Hello tonynt, thanks for your reply.

I am getting a price market by default with my test plot. In the Indicator setup menu of your indicator, do you have "Price Marker(s)" enabled?
                      Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply. I have added it in the code of my strategy where I need it. Not in an indicator.

Thank you!
                        Tony

Comment

Hello tonynt, thanks for your reply.

It looks like plots added through a strategy will not produce a price marker. You would need to create a separate indicator that performs the logic and add that indicator to your strategy using AddChartIndicator.

Comment

Hello,

from another thread about this topic I found the "SampleStrategyPlot". When I modify this sample, save it and compile it then I get an error message when compiling like "implicitly conversion NinjaTraderNinja.ScriptStrategies "NewNameSampleStrategyPlot" in "NinjaTrader.NinjaScriptStrategies.SampleStrat egyP lot" is not possible."

I have no idea what this means. Usually one can save a script with another name for doing modifications for not destroying the original script by changes in the code. But when I save the SampleStrategyPlot eg with SampleStrategyPlotV11 for doing modifications there then appears the error message.

Thank you!
                            Tony
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by tonynt; 08-06-2019, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Hi tonynt, thanks for your reply.

The SampleOverlayPlot and SamplePanelPlot indicators have a property that is meant to be the original strategy:

[Browsable(false)]
                              [XmlIgnore()]
                              public NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Strategies.SampleStrategyP lot Strategy
                              {
                              get;set;
                              }

You must also make a copy of "SamplePanelPlot" and "SampleOverlayPlot" and change the "Strategy" property type from "SampleStrategyPlot" to whatever you named the new file.

Kind regards.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by terofs, Yesterday, 04:18 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post terofs
                              by terofs

Started by CommonWhale, Today, 09:55 AM