Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to see strategy results with imported data?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to see strategy results with imported data?

Hi,

I'm converting a strategy from TradeStation into NinjaScript. To be sure the converted strategy is working correctly I'd like to create a chart in both TradeStation and NinjaTrader from the same Ascii data file, then compare the resultingtrades and stats from both TradeStation and NinjaTrader.

I've been able to import a data file into NinjaTrader and create a chart with it. The catch is - how can I apply the strategy to it and see trades and resulting stats from the imported historical data? The chart toolbar and right click menu support applying an indicator but not a strategy (using v6.0.0.5), with or without an active connection. Not sure how to proceed....

Thanks.

imported post

Actually you want to backtest a strategy. This can be done by the strategy analyzer, which provides on option to see the backtested results on a chart.

You only can apply a strategy to a chart when you connected. The strategy then is applied to
    a) the historical part of the chart and
    b) incoming realtime data

Comment

imported post

Keep in mind, their are several differences between TS and NT when it comes to backtest -

- TS fills limit orders on price touch where NT requires the price to trade through
      - I have seen TS produce different results than what I would expect crossing over session boundaries
      - TS may generate orders earlier than NT depending on how you set up requirements for required number of bars for backtesting

Ray
      RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Thanks for the pointer to the strategy analyszer, it looks quite comprehensive and powerful. And for the heads up on differences with TS - I think the trade through model is more realistic, glad to see NT using it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by aa731, Today, 02:54 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post aa731
        by aa731

Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
        3 responses