Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chinapassage View Post
    thanks mike,
    yeah the RT i am not to fond of ... and they seem to show to many pivots verses the normal scalp bar ...
    Its not, they are the same, put them both on the same chart and watch for an hour.
    Just RT has the arrows is all to show the bar where the scalp bar actually comes in the future data.
    The bar close thing is in the settings when you add it to the chart the code inside it is the same except RT has draw.arrows and the original has a sound alert.

Comment

Mike your right sorry about that ... went back over and checked it against my TS and didnt see any differences ... a year or so ago when i first did that i could have sworn RT was firing a lot more than my scalper on TS ....

still would be nice to fix the graphic issue on these paint bars as i prefer the option of no arrow ... heres a look at comparing the two together ... seems to get all whacky in historical data http://screencast.com/t/fxL9HWDx

Comment

Bar Number for Reversal

Hey,

Would it be possible to extract the bar number when the scalper plots the reversal bar. It would be of great help to me if someone can point it out to me.

Thanks,
        Sangam

Comment

Permanent arrows

I absolutely love your indicator, thank you so much!!
          I realize this was posted many years ago but I will give it a try anyway..

Is there a way we could make the arrows stay permanently once plotted? As of right now, it appears that only the 2 most recent print.
          Finally, could the code be possibly be converted into NT8 as well?

Thanks again in advance for your help,
          Laurent

Comment

Try this version for NinjaTrader 8--I cleaned it up a little bit and compared it to the original logic and the signals matched up. I also added options for background coloring and arrow plotting / coloring.

Originally posted by lolotrade View Post
            I absolutely love your indicator, thank you so much!!
            I realize this was posted many years ago but I will give it a try anyway..

Is there a way we could make the arrows stay permanently once plotted? As of right now, it appears that only the 2 most recent print.
            Finally, could the code be possibly be converted into NT8 as well?

Thanks again in advance for your help,
            Laurent
            Attached Files

Comment

Scalper

Thanks for doing this. Would it also work for NT7 because I haven't upgraded just yet!

Comment

Give this NinjaTrader 7 version a try. I would highly suggest, if you haven't already, to start getting to used to NinjaTrader 8 because once you do I doubt you will want to go back to NinjaTrader 7--I don't even like opening NinjaTrader 7 anymore, this is the first time in over a month I opened it.

Thanks for doing this. Would it also work for NT7 because I haven't upgraded just yet!
                Attached Files

Comment

Thank you very much for your time and effort. Been using NT7 for the past 5 years or so and am only procrastinating because of some proprietary indicators I would need to convert over first. Even the simplest things like a colored moving average doesn't even come standard on this thing. That's disappointing to me tbh bc everyone else has seemingly been doing that for years and you would think NT would have caught up. Thanks for your help though, I really do appreciate it.

Comment

No problem and I completely understand. If you need help with anything else, just let us know.

Thank you very much for your time and effort. Been using NT7 for the past 5 years or so and am only procrastinating because of some proprietary indicators I would need to convert over first. Even the simplest things like a colored moving average doesn't even come standard on this thing. That's disappointing to me tbh bc everyone else has seemingly been doing that for years and you would think NT would have caught up. Thanks for your help though, I really do appreciate it.

Comment

Gentlemen,

Need some help to set an alert for a scalper I have on my NT8, basically I am trying to get an alert for when a certain candle turns white ( Buy or sell condition presents itself)
                      given its a custom indicator I dont not see it in alerts indicator section to set one..... Really looking forward for some help without me screwing up the scalper logic or scripts

Will be greatful if any one of the experts in the forum can help.. attaching the scalper zip.. also if anyone wishes to have a look at the logic its works fine ( this was downloaded from this forum)
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Javed_B

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

I've removed your attached file in post #101 as it was in a compiled mode as a DLL. In order for someone to modify it for you or advise what you can do to modify it, you would need to upload the source code files.

To export, for NinjaTrader8 you would use Tools>export>Ninjascript add-on.. In the Export Ninjascript window, make sure to "uncheck" the selection "export as compiled assembly" to ensure that you only export the source code file(s).

To export, for NinjaTrader7 you would use File.Utilities>export Ninjascript. In the export window, make sure to uncheck the "Export compiled assembly of selected source files".

Alternately, if you downloaded from this thread you could also point to the particular post with the file.

Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks in advance for understanding the need to provide open source files.
                        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PaulH View Post
                          Hello Javed_B

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

I've removed your attached file in post #101 as it was in a compiled mode as a DLL. In order for someone to modify it for you or advise what you can do to modify it, you would need to upload the source code files.

To export, for NinjaTrader8 you would use Tools>export>Ninjascript add-on.. In the Export Ninjascript window, make sure to "uncheck" the selection "export as compiled assembly" to ensure that you only export the source code file(s).

To export, for NinjaTrader7 you would use File.Utilities>export Ninjascript. In the export window, make sure to uncheck the "Export compiled assembly of selected source files".

Alternately, if you downloaded from this thread you could also point to the particular post with the file.

Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks in advance for understanding the need to provide open source files.

Paul i tried following your instruction however only a 1kb xml was dounloaded as zip attached to the post i made.

Comment

Hello Javed_B,

Thanks for your post.

Do you have the actual source code file?

The source code file will be found in Documents>NinjaTrader8>bin>Custom>Indicators>.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PaulH View Post
                              Hello Javed_B,

Thanks for your post.

Do you have the actual source code file?

The source code file will be found in Documents>NinjaTrader8>bin>Custom>Indicators>.
                              Sorry paul i dont see that under custom indicator, all i had to do is to import via the script editor and that was it for it to work.

Comment

Hello Javed_B,

Thanks for your reply.

If you do not see it in the folder location of Documents>NinjaTrader8>bin>Custom>Indicators> then you likely do not have the source code file. In your initial post you stated, " also if anyone wishes to have a look at the logic its works fine ( this was downloaded from this forum)" Can you advise which post in this thread you downloaded from or if somewhere else in the forum or NT user apps, provide the link to that download?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post cre8able  
                                Started by fiddich, Today, 05:25 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes