Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

3rd party indicator will not save

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3rd party indicator will not save

I have a 3rd party indicator which simply plots multiple instruments on one chart. I was unable to install properly, so I copy/pasted the .cs file into my NT8 documents folder.

I am able to load it, and it seems to work fine. But when I load, this shows up in the log:

"Failed to restore Indicator 'Unknown'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this Indicator no longer is there."

Then when I'm done, NT8 won't save it. I get this in the log:

Could not save indicator: There was an error reflecting type 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators......

Is there a way I can fix this?

Thank you.

Hello,

Thank you for the inquiry.

Was this originally in a .zip file for import or had the file come as just a .cs file? It seems that it may not have been installed fully or correctly if it is having errors starting or saving. This could also be caused by a workspace or template that references this item. You could try closing all workspaces and create a new one and apply the item to see if you receive the same result.

Otherwise could you provide the file for me to review and see if I can get the same outcome after importing?

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It's a WinRAR ZIP archive and I was able to install via ninjascript successfully.

When I put it on a chart the error log showed:

"2017-01-10 22:41:29:924|3|16|Failed to restore Indicator 'Unknown'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this Indicator no longer is there."

When I tried to save I got:

"2017-01-10 22:45:48:681|3|4|Could not save indicator 'Sim22_BetterRotationMarket:' There was an error reflecting type 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.Sim22.Sim22_Be tterRotationMarket'."

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

In the case of the first error, it is hard to say what is generating that because it lists as Unknown, but the Second error lists an indicator. The indicator Sim22_BetterRotationMarket seems to be having difficulties saving.

I could suggest to try to create a new workspace and close the existing workspaces to ensure the indicator is not loaded. Once doing this, complete the steps to produce the error again in a new workspace, does the error occur?

If this is Template related, you may also try checking for any templates for the indicator and remove them, you can look in the folder: Documents\NinjaTrader 8\templates\Indicator

Another test would be disabling this indicator in the NinjaScript editor or uninstall it, and then complete the steps to produce the error again. Does it still occur?

If this specific indicator is having difficulty and is a public item, I could try it on my end as well to see if I get the same outcome. You may need to check if there is an updated version of the file as well, we have just released 8.0.3 this week and I would suggest to update.

Comment

I've been trying for hours and can't seem to get this to save once installed. What is the proper way to completely uninstall an indicator from NT8? I delete it from various places but I don't know the correct way to remove it completely.

If this doesn't work I'll send the file and you can try it.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

To remove the item would depend if you have the source code or if this is a protected file. For Protected files, you would need to use the Tools -> Remove NinjaScript Assembly menu. For source code, the file would instead be listed in the NinjaScript editor. You can select the file in the editor and right click it, then select Remove.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Christopher_R  
            Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
            166 responses
            0 likes