Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Changing Volume Bar Timer Indicator to work in NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Volume Bar Timer Indicator to work in NT8

Can someone please help change this indicator called Volume Bar Timer to work with NT8?
    Click the following link then click Agree to see the list of volume indicators for NT7 then scroll down to see the one called Volume Bar Timer:

Thank you.

Hello bijan,

Thanks for your post.

We are in the processing of converting forum loaded NT7 ninjascript to NT8. I will submit your request for converting this one.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Paul

Thanks very much. I look forward to seeing it converted. There are just a few indicators that I use and this is one of them. EMA_MultiTimeframe, and BarOfSession are the other two that comes to my mind. I appreciate if you put those two as requested also.

Again thank you.

Comment

Hello bijan,

Thanks for your reply.

Please provide the forum links for those if you would.

Comment

Hello Paul

I did a search for the EMA_Multitimeframe_NT7 that I use but I did not find it so I am attaching it to this reply instead as a zip file. I could not find BarOfSession from search either so I am attaching that too. I am pretty sure these were in NT7 indicators but perhaps they were deleted. Hopefully the attached files will suffice.

Thanks.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello bijan,

Thanks for your post.

Currently, we are in the process of converting indicators and strategies previously added to the File Sharing Section of the Support Forum. We do not take requests for conversions from outside and are converting the File Sharing section indicators and strategies as a courtesy.

There are a few key items to look for when converting your scripts from NinjaTrader 7 format to NinjaTrader 8, and we keep a Code Breaking Changes table updated in the NinjaTrader 8 Help Guide to assist in identifying changes or new implementations of familiar methods and properties from NinjaTrader 7: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ng_changes.htm
            The biggest things that you will run into when converting will be:

Initialization has changed significantly. Initialize() has been replaced with OnStateChange(), which can be used to filter out different stages of the entire life cycle of a script (SetDefaults, Configure, Historical, Realtime, Terminated, etc.) OnStateChange() is fully covered in the Help Guide.

The names of many methods and properties have changed slightly, so you will need to refactor these in your code. The Code Breaking Changes table can make this task much easier, and there is also an alphabetical reference in the Help Guide that can help to find new method/property names: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG..._reference.htm

In numerous instances, you now have direct access to objects, where in NinjaTrader 7 you had to work with interfaces. For example, rather than the IOrder interface, you now have direct access to an Order object and its related fields. This will require a change in the way items like this are handled in your code.

As always, we are more than happy to help out with tips and advice in this area, although we do not offer full script conversion services.

Comment

Hello Paul

As I mentioned I downloaded these from this website in the NT7 indicators area. I know for sure I never paid for them and I only downloaded indicators from this website indicators section. Would it be possible to post these in the NT7 indicators again and so this would bypass your objection? Just a thought.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello bijan,

Thanks for your post.

You are welcome to post but understand that by posting them other users may contact you for help in understanding the application of the indicators, the adjustments and any number of other questions.

When we do conversions of forum indicators, we link and redirect any questions about the converted indicator back to the original poster.

On your original query, as the conversion was simple enough I have completed it and will be uploading to the NinjaTrader8 indicator file sharing area shortly.

Comment

Hello Paul

Wonderful, I will look for it.

I have to look into how to post these back into the forum. If it is simple enough I will do it.

Thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post wzgy0920  
                  Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
                  5 responses
                  0 likes