Chart in percent change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart in percent change

Hello. I think this will be big advantage for those who like to compare, like me =). Great feature to see movement in percent change from period that was adjusted by yourself!

Thanks much for the input Alex - that's already on our feedback list for future consideration, I've added a vote in for you as well.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

developments?

Hi has anything like this ever come about? I would like to use this sort of function...Thank You

Comment

Thanks for the comment Blackbull, this is still tracked as active enhancement request - we added your vote to our SFT-456 to track.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Dear Support,

So long for not implementing a real useful feature.

Being able to reset the %change to zero at the session start ( or any user time) is a great feature and very useful for comparing various instruments' performance during the session (or a time span). More like the "radar screen" indicator by TS.

My vote!

Comment

Originally posted by aligator View Post
            Dear Support,
            a real useful feature.

My vote!
            maybe this:

is something close to what is being discussed here

Comment

I did not download and test yet....looks like it performs well... but also looks like a lot of button pressing...any effort in this area is to be commended.

Comment

Hi guidoisot,

The indicator is a .dll package (not open source) and it is kind of risky to install. Perhaps the author can upload an open source version.

Cheers!

Comment

Thanks for telling me. I did not notice it was a dll. What are, generally speaking, without referring to this specific indicator, the risk associated to installing any dll.. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by guidoisot View Post
                    Thanks for telling me. I did not notice it was a dll. What are, generally speaking, without referring to this specific indicator, the risk associated to installing any dll.. Thank you.
                    guidoisot, Hi.

Well, a .dll package can include any type of programs, both good and bad that will reside on your computer without your knowledge of any malicious intents.

A .dll code is basically locked and one cannot easily edit, copy, or check the contents without specialized tools. Most reputable vendors will ship a .dll package to keep their proprietary contents from being pirated, modified, etc.

Therefore Installing a .dll package can be a security risk unless it is obtained or purchased from a well-known vendor, or vendors with some sort of certification from a sponsor like NinjaTrader.

That is not to say that all .dll packages are risky. However, it begs the question about the motive of someone (however genuine) that is willing to share in public a program for free that you have no way of knowing the contents of that program.

The practice of posting free programs in open source code is customary and mainly to allow improvement, innovation, and sharing of ideas to advance a project.

For me, a free zipped .dll package is a red flag before installing. Although, in the past after unzipping and finding a .dll file, I have contacted authors and they graciously re-posted an open source version for that code.

By the way, NinjaTrader rules prohibits posting .dll files, perhaps for liability reasons, but not everyone read the rules.

Cheers!
                    Last edited by aligator; 03-08-2018, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Day net change

Hi. are you talking about an indicator to just display the net change in a day? I have posted mine here for you. It looks at yesterday close, then just calculates the net change in both, amount and percentage and displays it in Red or green. It also allows you to display it any of the 4 corners you want....

Is this what your talking about ? if so, here it is...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi aligator,
                        very informative. Thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by DaFish View Post
                          Hi. are you talking about an indicator to just display the net change in a day? I have posted mine here for you. It looks at yesterday close, then just calculates the net change in both, amount and percentage and displays it in Red or green. It also allows you to display it any of the 4 corners you want....

Thank you for your interest in the question. Well, we want the "dynamic percent change" )))

For instance, you look at the weekly SP500 chart and would like to know how much it has changed from the 2008's crisis bottom? By the way, the change should be shown to both sides of the specified date (to the left and to the right). Then you can add the WTI or some stocks and look at their comparative percent changes...

This may be done in two ways:
                          1) you put the start date (start bar, zero change bar or how you can call it ) manually in the settings of the requested indicator;
                          2) vertical line appears after you put the requested indicator on the chart and you can drag and drop the line manually )))

So simple

Comment

Originally posted by DaFish View Post

Thank DaFish,

This is a good indicator, very close, but not quite at least for what I had in mind.

I want to simply compare the intraday performance of several instruments since the session open by comparing their percent change since the current session open. A few minor changes will make your indicator perfect:

1. Use the current session Open price instead of yesterday's close to calculate % change.
                            2. Instead of draw text, simply plot the %Change for the current day.
                            3. More than one security to be plotted for comparison
                            4. I would use 1-day of data (1m or 5m)

The idea is to see the leaders and the lagers for day trading short time frames. We can of course do the same using the Market Analyzer, but an indicator is a better visual representation.

Many thanks.

Comment

Alligator, there is a free "NS_Leaders_Laggers" indicator that displays % change for up to 16 instruments at https://neurostreet.com/shop/free-indicators/
                              You will be asked for your email address, which will grant you access to download eight free indicators.
                              This is the description of the Leaders_Laggers indicator:
                              "This indicator is used to identify market correlation based on % change. We use this to identify strength and weakness between correlated and non-correlated assets. This can be useful when looking at market selection."

Tips for settings:
                              Inst1-15 should be replaced with specific expiration months, such as CL 01-19, rather than CL ##-##.
                              The instrument of your main chart will be assigned the Plot1 color.
                              Inst1 will be assigned the color set for Plot2, and so on...
                              Last edited by BruceK; 11-24-2018, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Lumbeezl, 01-11-2022, 06:50 PM
                              31 responses
                              1 like
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Adrian  
                              Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick