Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ADXVMA error

Hi,

I am working on developing an ADXVMA strategy. I am using code from the ADXVMA to create the strategy. The following code throws an error, can you tell me why?

Add(new Plot(Color.Gray, PlotStyle.Line, "ADXVMA"));

It is throwing the following error:

The best overloaded method match for 'NinjaTrader.Strategy.StrategyBase.Add(NinjaTrader .Indicator.IndicatorBase)' has some invalid arguments
    Argument '1': cannot convert from 'NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.Plot' to 'NinjaTrader.Indicator.IndicatorBase'

Thank You.

Before replying, I would like to further discuss this privately. Can we start a private chat?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

Yes we can chat privately, please send questions you do not want on the forum to: platform support @ ninjatrader .com

To answer your question, this error specifically deals with Strategies.

In an Indicator, you can use Add() to add Plots, Indicators, or DataSeries.

In a Strategy, you can use Add() to add Indicators, or DataSeries but not a Plot.

The error you are getting is because you are adding a plot to a strategy which will not work.

If you are trying to plot from a strategy, you can either add a Indicator that does the plotting based on your calculations in that indicator, or you can view this example :
      When running a strategy on a chart you may find the need to plot values onto a chart. If these values are internal strategy calculations that are difficult to migrate to an indicator, you can use the following technique to achieve a plot. NinjaTrader 8 With NinjaTrader 8 we introduced strategy plots which provide the ability

I look forward to being of further assistance.
      JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
      Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
      14 responses
      0 likes