Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Market Analyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Analyzer

Hello,

I have built a strategy through ninjascript.

I want to be able to allow it to take trades if the conditions are met from a basket of stocks.

Can market analyzer do that? If so, how do I do that?

Basically, I want for example 500 stocks in market analyzer. When ever my conditions are met for any of the stocks it will automatically buy and sell (execute) without putting it on a chart.

Hello dorony,

Thank you for your note.

What you'd like to do is certainly possible however would be a large undertaking and require working in an Addon. This would also be beyond the scope of what our desk can support however I do have some resources for you below. This would not be possible via the market analyzer nor using NinjaTrader Strategies.

You may be able to have 1 strategy with multiple data series, and loop over the same conditions, but 500 different symbols in one strategy is likley to much. You could look at the SampleMultiInstrument strategy preloaded with NInjaTrader for how you could set something like this up. You could see the following on Multi-Time Frame & Instruments,

To go the Addon route:

You would create a symbol list, then do a bars request for each symbol in that list, then run that bars request through your methods.

Your list might look like this but with stock symbols,

You should see Addon Development section of our helpguide and be sure to import the Addon Framework NinjaScript Basic file, which demonstrates how to do a barsrequest.

From an Addon you cannot access indicator methods, so you would have to write things like SMA from scratch. I have a sample of doing this from scratch can be found at the following link,

You would also have to write logic to execute/manage your trades, another complex task. The Addon Framework sample demonstrates how to submit orders, but I am unaware of any samples which replicate the features of a NS strategy, but within an Addon.

Its certainly possible.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_AlanP; 02-21-2018, 10:50 AM.
    Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by halgo_boulder, Today, 08:44 AM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post halgo_boulder  
    Started by drewski1980, Today, 08:24 AM
    0 responses