Connectivity issues with 'freezing' symptoms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connectivity issues with 'freezing' symptoms

Twice in the last week I've had NT freeze up a couple of times. Hasn't caused any losses, yet, but is very worrying. When the freeze happens, I am unable to shut down NT, I have to go into task manager to do so. The trace logs don't show anything to indicate causes for the crash.

I restart my computer and NT every night to avoid lock-ups but I still get them, and on the last two occasions, seemingly randomly. I know NT8 has stability problems. What can be done to fault find this? I can send my logs in if that may help.

This is not happening to all NinjaTrader 8 users, so we'll need to learn more about your PC and your NinjaTrader to find out why you're experiencing these symptoms.

Please write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com with a link to this forum thread and '1867143 ATTN Patrick G' in the subject or body of the message so we may investigate further and resolve what you're reporting.

Comment

Happened again today. Chart window locked up, order stuck on 'change submitted' looks like no connection to FXCM but no log of a disconnect in trace or log. Have to shut down NT via task manager.

Second lockup in two days, three within a week. The fact no errors are reported is of particular concern. Where is the error reporting?

Comment

Please follow up via the email conversation we've been having so I may learn more about what has occurred after the steps I recommended.

If you cannot find that original email, write in a new one and make sure to reference '1867227 ATTN Patrick G' in the subject or body.

Comment

This particular users issues were resolved with some connectivity troubleshooting which then led to addressing some other items specific to this user.

If other forum users see this post, please try posting your own thread with specific information about what is occurring.

Alternatively, write in via email so we may assist you directly with what you're experiencing.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
            This particular users issues were resolved with some connectivity troubleshooting which then led to addressing some other items specific to this user.

If other forum users see this post, please try posting your own thread with specific information about what is occurring.

Alternatively, write in via email so we may assist you directly with what you're experiencing.
            They're not resolved Patrick, I've had others since and decided to move to a vps. Have had one freeze and a program crash even with that. I continue to monitor. I'm trying to go a full week without NT8 locking up or crashing, have made it to Wednesday so far.

I wrote to support regarding the crash last week, sent the errors shown in event viewer for the application crash along with my log and trace files. Support said " there's nothing in the logs that explains the crash". And that was that.

I've just come to the conclusion that support doesn't really no what to do.

Comment

If the issue is unresolved, please write in a new message to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com or provide the ticket number here so I may re-open that ticket.

Most recently we've been discussing via email how to successfully plot minute data for daily/weekly bars to work-around the data feed limitation of when daily data values are sent which is not related to any crashing/freezing on a VPS.

Comment

As per my post above, I did send a new email to support regarding the most recent crash. They were little help. "Nothing in the log, have you tried re-installing". It was a three day old installation on a new vps server.

As for the freezing, I'm still monitoring. I've had one freeze on the vps, nothing so far this week.

Comment

I've located the ticket on my end that you're referring to (1887731). My colleague James' sent you a message which never received a response. I'll be forwarding that message to you so we many continue the conversation.

Comment

As I said above, the 'support' was have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling. It didn't deserve a repsonse.

To follow up on this subject I've had another freeze this morning missing out on a 4% up day. Add to this the 5%+ losses I've made due to Ninjatrader 8 reliability issues. I'm even on a VPS now and still it can't run. Please tell me what I've got to do to get your automated software to run automatically.
                    Last edited by pmn100; 05-02-2018, 05:30 AM.

Comment

I followed up via email to report on our testing with our own version of Windows Server 2012 R2 that you had originally reported the issue on and requested additional files to further investigate. Please look for that email. I'll be sending it again shortly.

Moving forward, please choose to follow up via email so we can keep track of your files and tests we've been running since a lot of this troubleshooting has occurred off the forums in order to address the issues you're running into. We can't resolve what you're experiencing with the information we're able to obtain through forum posts.

We can summarize the solutions we find for you on the forums so that others users may use it as a resource.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
                        I followed up via email to report on our testing with our own version of Windows Server 2012 R2 that you had originally reported the issue on and requested additional files to further investigate. Please look for that email. I'll be sending it again shortly.

Moving forward, please choose to follow up via email so we can keep track of your files and tests we've been running since a lot of this troubleshooting has occurred off the forums in order to address the issues you're running into. We can't resolve what you're experiencing with the information we're able to obtain through forum posts.

We can summarize the solutions we find for you on the forums so that others users may use it as a resource.
                        This email was not received, your email just now said you believe it wasn't sent.

This freezing issue pre-dates the crash issue. The crash issue is the one you're emailing me about right now (or not as the email wasn't sent).

The freezing issue is separate and I couldn't find an open support ticket for it, so I replied here.

I will be replying to your email a little later.

Comment

We will not be able to resolve either issue you're experiencing on the forums since we need more information which should not be shared on the forums.

The original ticket that you wrote in about regarding the freezing issue was 1867227. That ticket, however, turned into a discussion about how your data provider supplies daily data and would no longer be relevant.

If the freezing is independent of the crash, please write in a new email and make sure to include a link to this thread and ATTN Patrick G in the subject or body.

If they are occurring hand-in-hand and/or on the same PC, follow up with the email I sent you this morning.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                          0 responses
                          1 view
                          0 likes
                          Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                          Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
                          0 responses
                          1 view