Reloading all historical data for a connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reloading all historical data for a connection

How can I reload all historical for all symbols in a connection?

For example on FXCM I have huge candles on a 200 tick chart for any symbol I choose. If I then choose reload all historical data from the chart, then this candle disappears and becomes many smaller ones... but that only fixes it for that symbol.. I would like to do this for all symbols at once

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

There unfortunately is not a feature to reload all historical data at once in NinjaTrader 8. I will submit a suggestion that this be re-added to our development staff for further consideration.

The ID for this request is SFT-346. You may reference this ID in the future regarding this matter. If implemented, this would also list in the NinjaTrader Help Guide release notes (Help > Help > Release Notes).

Let us know if we may assist further.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_EricB; 04-30-2018, 01:52 AM.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

If I reload all historical data for a tab on a market analyzer... would that in effect reload all data for all those symbols in the tab for the charts too ? I mean if after I do that, then load a chart for a symbol that exists in that tab - will reloading all historical data on that chart basically have no effect?

Comment

Hello NinjaCustomer,

Thank you for your reply post. The best way to reload all historical data for all symbols would be to disconnect, and then reconnect to your data feed. This will ensure that all charts/windows are refreshed.

As for your second question, reloading all historical data within a Market Analyzer window will not also reload historical data on your charts. Each window will need to be refreshed separately.

Please let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

are you completely sure your reconnect trick works for FXCM demo ? I really don't think it does for me.. I still see "missing bars charts" that look good only after a ctrl-shift-r

even if i do your disconnect reconnect maneuver

continuum doesn't have such problems that i've noticed

Comment

Hello NinjaCustomer,

Thank you for your reply post. When I tested, disconnecting and reconnecting from an FXCM connection refreshed all Forex charts I had open.

If your issue persists, please try resetting your instruments.
            To reset your instruments, please take the steps below.

First, disconnect from any data providers by navigating to the Control Center > Connections menu, and left-click on “disconnect” that appears to the right when hovering your mouse over any active connection
            Next, reset your instruments by navigating to the Control Center > Tools > Database Management
            In the Database Management window, under the “Update instruments” section, ensure that “General properties”, "Futures expiries" and “Symbol mappings” options are checked and then click Update
            Lastly, restart NinjaTrader for the changes to occur.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

it's not really about refreshing instruments.. when i disconnect and reconnect - all the charts for fxcm show that they are loading.

The problem is it is a soft kind of loading.. maybe some new data is loaded.. but the missing bars can only be reloaded with a reload all historical data command.

Of course if you are not missing and bars in the middle of your chart, then you will not notice this.

I'm not entirely sure but I think the missing bars in the middle only happen if you are opening ninjatrader .. i mean if you have left nt running , even if disconnected from fxcm, then upon reconnect everything might be loaded up just fine.

But if you completely close ninjatrader and open it again the next day or after the weekend, then there is a good chance of having missing bars that can only be fixed by a reload command... you can easily spot such charts since they look really compressed horizontally.

I'm surprised nobody else ever had this problem.

What are the dangers of resetting instruments?

Comment

Hello NinjaCustomer,

Thank you for your reply. There are no dangers associated with resetting your instruments.

If you're still experiencing issues after resetting your instruments in NinjaTrader 8, please let us know.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by AveryFlynn, Today, 04:57 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
                Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Max238