Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a limit on running concurrent strategies

Hi,

Is there a limit on running concurrent number of strategies in NinjaTrader. I tried executing on all Instruments of S&P500 concurrently , and no matter what size of machine I use I see NT8 Hanging or becoming very slow.

Being .Net based its maximum memory allocation is 2GB

Is there a recommended optimal number for concurrent strategies to be executed ?

Is there a recommended pattern for scalability ( i.e. add multiple nodes but then same account login is not permitted on multiple nodes) ?

Is there any configuration I can change to increase memory allocation for NT8 ?

Thanks
    Vivek

There is no hard limit, however, as you've observed, there may be limitations due to the underlying framework that NinjaTrader is built on along with the capabilities of the PC. Also, the complexity and scope of your strategy will also affect the performance limitations.

Are you using the 32-bit or 64-bit version of NinjaTrader? The 32-bit version would have the ~2gb ram limitation as you describe, but I would not expect the same limitation from the 64-bit version.

Do you notice this same behavior if you run the same tests using the built in 'Sample MA Crossover' strategy?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post PaulMohn  
    Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post GLFX005