Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

moving to NT8: Hope I made the right choice!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

moving to NT8: Hope I made the right choice!?

Hi everyone!

NT8 is much faster (CPU) and has more features than cTrader, so I decided to move to NT8.

However, I have a major problem with NT8 : I am using 30 charts (in tabs).
    I often need to change an indicator feature on one of these charts that I also want to change on the other 29 tabs (charts).

1) What is the fastest way to do that? (The only way I found was to save the first tab as a default template and then, one by one, apply this default template the other charts!!
    Believe me, this is REALLY tiresome!!!

2) Moreover, I really miss a nice cTrader feature : The automatic Chart scaling display.
    Any idea how can I get this feature in NT8?? See below the top right scale charts

3) When orders were filled on Ctrader, the SL & TP were instantly displayed on the chart with the possibility to drag and drop them (for immediate change) - see below.
    How can I do the same on NT8?

Thanks!!

Last edited by vindiou; 11-06-2017, 12:54 PM.

1) There is no way to automatically apply a change to one indicator on one chart tab to all indicators on all tabs.

An alternative way to accomplish this would be to:
    • Switch to the desired tab
    • Access the indicator's properties
    • Change the setting > OK

I'll submit a feature request for this to the Development Team. I'll update this thread when I receive a tracking number.

2) The 'Ruler' drawing tool is similar to this, but it is not an exact match. I am confident that this is possible with custom NinjaScript programming, but I am not aware of any similar tool available from our forums for free.

If you're interested in programming this yourself, or if you're interested in learned more about our add-on providers who may have this add-on/make it for you, please write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com and we can provide more resources.

3) What you've described sounds exactly like ATMs in NinjaTrader. Once your entry order with an attached ATM strategy executes, your stop loss and profit target orders will appear on the chart and can be modified directly from the chart. Here are some helpful links to learn more about using ATMs in NinjaTrader:

ATM Video Library
    Pre-recorded Webinar - ATM 201
    Pre-recorded Webinar - ATM 301
    ATM help guide

Comment

Dear PatrickG,

Thank you for your quick reply.

1) I would appreciate that you submit feature #1 as quick as possible, this definitely is something that can make me decide to move to another paltform rapidly such as Tradingview or MultiCharts for instance...
      it is SO tiresome! Further, I guess I'm not the only one who has this problem. Please put a high priority on this.

2) I'm very surprised that no automatic Chart scaling display has been created yet for NT8, it is SO useful to know if the market you're watching is moving or not... (I've searched on the internet, unsuccessfully). Thanks for your suggestion.

3) ATM seem to be more complicated to use than on cTrader. I believe this could be simplified a lot, take a look at your competitor's software such as Tradingview & cTrader. They have really good ideas that NT8 could take advantage of, without totally copying. (inspiration) Please forward my idea to the top development managers.

Thanks
      Last edited by vindiou; 11-07-2017, 01:19 AM.

Comment

The tracking number for your feature request is SFT-721. This number will appear in the release notes of a future release if it is included in the platform:

Thanks for your additional feedback.

ATMs may seem complicated at first, but the best way to become more comfortable with any NinjaTrader tools would be to use them. I suspect you'll find that it becomes quite intuitive after some practice. We provide many educational resources to learn more about these order entry tools. I would highly suggest watching the videos I provided in my previous post to get more familiar with how you can accomplish your order entry goals within NinjaTrader.

Comment

Any news about #1 ?? thanks

Comment

There is no update at this time. Typically, it can be assumed that we're still tracking interest in any feature request until you find it in the release notes which means it has been implemented:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
            118 responses
            1 like
            Last Post kevinenergy  
            Started by briansaul, Today, 05:31 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post briansaul