Oanda Support Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oanda Support Update

What I have found out about Oanda support so far.

As stated on these forums, and in emails with Ray, Oanda will now support Ninja Trader. After talking with my contact at Oanda he said that the official support should come this Monday, the 30th, but they will be having a meeting Monday morning (Oanda) to finalize the details.

There seems to be some confusion between Ninja Trader and Oanda however (I will not include individual names with the people I spoke with). In speaking with support at Ninja Trader I was told that if you had an existing account with Oanda (which I do), and it was funded with more than 100.00, that would suffice. After not being able to connect, and setup my account with Oanda, support at Ninja Trader suggested I call Oanda which I did.

I was told by my contact with Oanda that they will be supporting Ninja Trader however you will have to fund your account with 20,000.00 US. I was obviously disappointed in hearing this. There is no such stipulation with regards to using MT4 or MotiveWave (which I own). I was told that with the agreement that Ninja Trader has with Oanda that Oanda had to recoup the fees Ninja Trader was charging (whether this is true or not I have no idea nor care really).

In speaking again with support at Ninja Trader I expressed my disappointment. I said that when I purchased Ninja Trader I had an account with FXCM and there was no minimum 20K funding requirement. After FXCM was banned from doing business in the US every account was being transfer to Forex.Com. At that time I chose not to go to Forex.Com and opened an account at Oanda and then purchased MotiveWave. I made the suggestion, more than once, to Ninja Trader and Oanda that it would be great if they could get together so that people trading Forex had more than one choice in the US. In the meantime I opened an account with Forex.Com so I could use Ninja Trader. When I opened the account it was the same as FXCM – no 20K requirement. One of the last communications with Ninja Trader is that I could open an account with Ninja Trader brokerage for 1,000.00 to bypass the Oanda requirement of 20K.

I’m obviously disappointed with the transition to date. I have the utmost respect for Ninja Trader and the excellent customer support they provide (having sampled others). This speaks volumes about their concern for the end users (thank you Ray). I understand the need to turn a profit in order to stay in business but hope that something can be done to bring it back in line with what FXCM and Forex.Com offers.
    Last edited by Segwin; 04-28-2018, 08:59 PM.

Minimum account deposits and spreads are no different to Oanda customers using NinjaTrader. Can you please contact me at NinjaTrader support email, attention to Ray and reference this post so we can communicate further on your recent experience.

Thanks
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Email sent Ray.

I'm not here to cause trouble - I only want to see NT and Oanda as an alternative to Gain but without being gouged.

Comment

Now able to login!

Thanks to everyone at NT for making this happen - great work!!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Irukandji, Yesterday, 02:53 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Irukandji  
        Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post adeelshahzad