Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Recovering chart/strategy setup after NT crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recovering chart/strategy setup after NT crash

Hi guys:

Here's the scenario: I have three separate strategies running in NT6 on three respective charts (e.g. NQ, ZB, and ES). Now, NT crashes (as usual) and upon a relaunch fortunately the last few charts show up again. HOWEVER, the strategies are lost and I have to manually reconfigure them again. Is there a way to retain all prior strategies, so that I can pick up where I left off right away? Please consider that having to rush doing this surely invites manual errors.

Also, what bugs me is that I always have to manually restart the data connection. Isn't there a way to automatically reconnect the last (or default) connection after a relaunch? This surely wouldn't be a tough feature to implement ;-)

Thanks,

Michael

Hi Michael, unfortunately you would have to do both manually after a restart - NinjaTrader 7 will address strategy persistence issues.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Lol

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      Hi Michael, unfortunately you would have to do both manually after a restart - NinjaTrader 7 will address strategy persistence issues.

LOL - NT7 to the rescue again!!!

Okay, when is this beast going to finally come out? Also, will I have to rewrite my strategies for them to be compatible?

Thanks,

Michael

Comment

The beta is scheduled for this quarter, if you stay with the supported NinjaScript methods there will not be much to rework, only enhancements due to new features.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
          The beta is scheduled for this quarter, if you stay with the supported NinjaScript methods there will not be much to rework, only enhancements due to new features.
          How about StrategyPlot - will it remain the same? Remember there is that problem with plotting multiple data feeds in sync.

Comment

It will remain the same, since it's just a programming technique used and demonstrated in our samples.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by bmartz, Today, 09:30 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post bltdavid  
            Started by f.saeidi, Today, 11:02 AM
            1 response
            0 likes