Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Chart Rendering - Upgradeable lock error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Until NT has the custom build ready, there is a work around that appears to avoid the issue.

When you exit NT, close all workspaces, except for one with no charts, ect. Just the Control Center should be open.

After starting NT, make sure your data connection is up. Once the data connection is up (I usually wait a minute or so after it is up), open your workspaces. Only open one workspace at a time and wait for all the charts to be fully rendered before opening the next one.

Before using this work around I was getting the error every time with version 8.0.5.1. I have shutdown and restarted NT half a dozen times since implementing this and have not gotten the error once.
    The Trading Mantis
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - The Trading Mantis

Comment

Thanks for posting this - I've been doing something similar. Because the error occurs when connecting the feed while charts are open, if you close all of your workspaces (leaving only an empty one), then exit NinjaTrader, when you reload NinjaTrader and connect your feed, there is nothing to render.
      Bruce DeVault
      QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Hi Brett,

I installed the custom build and it solves the problem except for a Delta indicator I use.

I do not get the rendering error messages, but all indicators do not load after the connection is established. And when I exit NinjaTrader, some process is hung which I have to kill in the task manager. If I remove the Delta indicator, everything loads normally after the connection is established.

Also, if I follow the procedures I outlined below, everything loads normally, even with the Delta indicator installed.

Getting close to squishing this bug!
        The Trading Mantis

Comment

I agree it addresses the test case. I'm trying to test on some more complex workspaces now.

I am not seeing the hung process happen here. That does resemble a problem I've had in the past when I use locking (if there is a lock in OnStateChange, and also in OnBarUpdate and in OnRender for the same lock). Does the indicator do that by chance?
          Last edited by QuantKey_Bruce; 03-15-2017, 11:24 AM.
          Bruce DeVault

Comment

I've installed the Custom build. Doesn't solve the problem at all for me. The indicator crashes now - vanishes from the Chart. Which admittedly is an improvement on the entire chart control crashing, but the issue is not resolved.

Comment

Are you able to attach a debugger and catch where it is crashing?
              Bruce DeVault

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion Bruce.

That does resemble a problem I've had in the past when I use locking (if there is a lock in OnStateChange, and also in OnBarUpdate and in OnRender for the same lock). Does the indicator do that by chance?
                If you are referring to multithreaded locking using the Lock statement, then the indicator does not use that. Or are you referring to something else?
                The Trading Mantis

Comment

Yes, it was using lock(obj) { } or mutex.enter etc. that I was seeing platform hang scenarios.
                  Bruce DeVault

Comment

I am also getting this error. Was there a resolution to this issue?
                    Last edited by satoyama; 12-27-2017, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Hello satoyama,

Thank you for your post.

This should of been fixed quite a few releases ago. Are you still seeing this error?

If so, please send your log and trace files to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with 'ATTN: Patrick H' in the subject line and a reference to this thread.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support. Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by warreng86, 11-10-2020, 02:04 PM
                      7 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                      Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Perr0Grande