scaling of charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scaling of charts

Hi, Im curious if there is a way to have my charts stay at the scale that i stretch them to. Everytime, i switch charts im forced to rescale out on the chart because everything is smushed together. Is there an option for taking the auto-scale feature away. I've tried right clicking on the price scale and choosing: properties: range: fixed, but that doesn't seem to be the solution im looking for. Anyways please advise, appreciate it.

Hello,

Thanks for your note.

This would be expected when changing instruments in the chart, as the different instruments would likely have very different price ranges on the y-axis. NinjaTrader will automatically change the scaling for each new instrument.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

even if they are the same charts i look at over and over again, i have a list on my market analyzer of all the forex pairs i watch, and theyre always the same? Im not referring to the price axis changing because the instrument changes. Im saying when i go back to a pair that i had looked at previously the chart doesn't retain any memory of how it was last viewed. If that makes sense.... Only reason i ask is that i've watch numerous videos where people are running through their analysis using NT and the chart seems to be in scale each time they toggle back and forth, unles theyre editing out the resizing of the charts each individual time, it appears that they aren't having the same problem as me. I hope i explained that clearly.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your note.

Regardless of the instruments that have been used in the past, just to clarify are you changing instruments in one chart or is there a chart in your workspace for each instrument?

Are you using a workspace in which your Market Analyzer and Chart windows are linked by instrument and you change the chart by clicking on the instrument in your Market Analyzer?

Comment

yes my market analyzer is linked to my charts, i have four charts for different timeframes, all on different monitors, all linked to what i choose through the market analyzer. Some charts keep their scale the same, like my 4hr chart, but then my 60 min chart will pop up all smooshed. Am i doing something wrong, a option not checked? If there is no resolution, may i suggest a solution to this issue in an upcoming revision update =p

Comment

Julienxr,

Thanks for your reply post.

Based on your most recent description, there may be something unexpected occurring here. So that I may investigate I would ask that you contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic files in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20170824.XXXXX.txt'. There will likely be multiple files for each day.

Comment

thx, it has been sent

Comment

I'm having the same problem. Can you let me know how to fix this?

Comment

Hello Kall33,

Thank you for using NinjaTrader.

Please write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post. In your response, please also include 'ATTN Justin' in the subject line so it arrives in my inbox.

Follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
                  • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
                  • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                  • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
                  • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
                  Thank you in advance for these files. I look forward to assisting you further. 
                  Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Christopher_R  
                  Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                  166 responses
                  0 likes