Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Problems with importing historical data (tick)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with importing historical data (tick)

Hi,

I have a big problem with one big tick data file that I cannot import to NinjaTrader. This file (NQ ##-##.txt) contains tick data from 2000 to 2009 and is about 2,5 GB large. Everytime I try to import this file, NJ stops at some point and freeze. Interesting is that every other data file works fine but this big one doesnt (even NQ ##-## 1 min data file - I have already successfully imported NQ 1 min 00-09 but not tick).

Do you have any idea what could cause the collapse of NJ and how to overcome it?

Thank you for your help!

Hello,

I am not sure. Please send us an email from help>mail to support. Reference the link to this thread and attach the file using You Send It (because the file is so big) and we can test it for you:
    Simple and secure file sharing with Hightail. Send large files, preview visual assets, collect precise feedback and keep creative projects moving in one easy and secure cloud-based software. Try Hightail for free.

Do not attach the file directly without using yousendit.com as we will not get it and it will clog up our email system. If that does not work let us know.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ben View Post
      Hello,

I am not sure. Please send us an email from help>mail to support. Reference the link to this thread and attach the file using You Send It (because the file is so big) and we can test it for you:
      Simple and secure file sharing with Hightail. Send large files, preview visual assets, collect precise feedback and keep creative projects moving in one easy and secure cloud-based software. Try Hightail for free.

Do not attach the file directly without using yousendit.com as we will not get it and it will clog up our email system. If that does not work let us know.
      Dear Ben,

Thank you very much for your interest! I have send an email to the support as you recommended. I have also realized that I could put this 3GB file into compressed GZ file so it has now about 160MB. I put it online to my personal server from where it is possible to download.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Comment

So, thanks to the help from support I have solved this problem that was the size of the imported file (3 GB).

I decided to split it with total commander to four 750 MB files and then use UltraEdit Text Editor (which is perfect for opening really large files) and correct the first and last lines (which were incomplete) and then successfully imported.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Waxavi
        by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes