Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Drawing Objects on Multiple Panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drawing Objects on Multiple Panels

I've created an indicator with drawing objects on an Oscillator panel. Can you please tell me how I can put duplicate drawing objects on the price panel?
    thanks

Hi Ken,

This will have to be in a separate indicator. Draw objects are drawn in their own panel or the price panel, depending on property DrawOnPricePanel
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Y'all have BROKEN this Ryan. It used to be that an indicator did write to both Price & Indicator panel by changing DrawOnPricePanel in the OnBarUpdate code. It needs to be fixed.

Comment

Thank you for your suggestion, LostTrader. I will forward your suggestion for dynamic control of this property.

Comment

Has this been fixed yet? Can I use an Oscilator panel and a price panel for an indicator?

Comment

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the follow - up. Currently this remains a feature suggestion for consideration in a future release. Unfortunately, no time frame on when or if this will be changed is available.

Comment

Ryan, please look into raising the priority on this.
              Since y'all refused to multi-thread charting, NT7 is still bottle-necked real-time. Now NT7 is even worse than 6.5 because now we are supposed to duplicate indicator resources to do what one used to do before. It is not logical.

Comment

You can see how to make this work in the current version at BigMikes. Here is the thread.
                I've attached the indicators and will provide links as well. I'm also attaching a screenshot that shows both components of the smittyMASlopeMonitor more clearly than the previous post. The SmittyMASlopeMonitor indicator window has two main things it displays, which wasn't obvious from the original screenshot. It paints the background of the indicator window, which is either uptrend or downtrend. The other that thing that it prints is 5 moving averages. I changed the colors of the moving averages …

Look around post #1342. You need to be an Elite member to see this though.

Dan
                eDanny
                NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Just explicitly set DrawOnPricePanel = true; in the Initialize() method. After that, you can switch in OnBarUpdate(). Please do not ask me why: I discovered it quite by accident myself while I was troubleshooting the same issue with one of my indicators that worked correctly in NT6.5, but would not cut the mustard in NT 7.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post love2code2trade  
                  Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post eDanny