Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Machine ID

Hello,

I'm wondering if the unique machine ID that is generated upon installation of Ninja Trader and that is found by clicking 'Help > About', remains the same if I uninstall and reinstall Ninja Trader.

Can someone confirm that this is or is not the case?

Thanks!
    *b

Hello b,

Thank you for your forum post and welcome to the NinjaTrader support forums!

The Machine ID will remain the same when you uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader.

The Machine ID may change if you were to change and hardware on your PC or reinstall Windows.

If your machine ID changes due to new hardware or a new operating system install, you will need to contact any 3rd party vendors and let them know that your machine ID has changed.

You can locate the new machine ID by the following:
    • Control Center > Help > About...
    • Machine ID: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Machine ID

Excellent - Thanks for the quick response.

*b

Comment

Hi There - just following up on this thread. It seems that my Machine ID was changed this evening although I have not reinstalled windows or updated any hardware. I have, however, hit the 'Reset' button on the 'Tools'>'Options'> 'Simulator' tab, which is the only thing I can think of that would possibly have changed the Machine ID. Is that possible? If not, any ideas why/how the ID was changed?

Thanks,
        *b

Comment

Hello,

Resetting the NinjaTrader simulation account would not result in a change to Machine ID. Machine ID is a value assigned by Windows based on the hardware components which make up a PC. Without a change in components, I'm honestly not sure why you would see Windows assign a new Machine ID to the PC.
          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yeah, it's strange - Anyway, I just thought I'd check. Thanks again.

Comment

I have been told by several users that their machine ID changed when there was an update to their Bios with no change of hardware. Could this have happened in your case?
              eDanny
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Total Possibility. I run Windows 8.1 on a Mac, via Bootcamp. This arrangement has worked perfectly for me so far, but I realized that the Machine ID change happened once I upgraded my Mac OS to Yosemite 10.10. from Mavericks

I'm going to tell myself that this was the cause

Comment

Originally posted by eDanny View Post
                  I have been told by several users that their machine ID changed when there was an update to their Bios with no change of hardware. Could this have happened in your case?
                  The BIOS is a prime component of M$ machine validation for their various schemes. A change in BIOS will almost always trigger a change in MachineID. Heck, I know at least 3 people who had to reactivate their Windez, and/or Office installations after a BIOS update.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes
                  Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                  Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
                  0 responses
                  1 view