Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horizontal Ray in Drawing Tools

Dear Support,

Please consider including a HorizontalRay line to the drawing tools (DrawingTools.Lines), a badly missed and perhaps the most useful of all lines for marking price action support and resistant lines on a chart. A feature that is commonly used by all traders.

Please note that there is already a custom add-on on the Forum for drawing Horizontal Rays (a 1-anchor click that also prints the series value on the Horizontal Ray) that can be nicely incorporated into the NT8 DrawingTools.Lines instead of being a separate add-on.

I have attached the add-on.

Thanks.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by aligator; 03-07-2019, 11:42 AM.

Hello aligator,

Thank you for your post and feedback, I will certainly forward your note to our development team regarding adding the indicator.

The ID for this request is SFT-2387. You may reference this ID in the future regarding this matter. If implemented, this would also list in the NinjaTrader Help Guide release notes (Help > Help > Release Notes).

Let us know if we may assist further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by aligator View Post
      Dear Support,

Please consider including a HorizontalRay line to the drawing tools (DrawingTools.Lines), a badly missed and perhaps the most useful of all lines for marking price action support and resistant lines on a chart. A feature that is commonly used by all traders.

Please note that there is already a custom add-on on the Forum for drawing Horizontal Rays (a 1-anchor click that also prints the series value on the Horizontal Ray) that can be nicely incorporated into the NT8 DrawingTools.Lines instead of being a separate add-on.

Thanks.

Thanks for this.

Comment

Originally posted by aligator View Post
        Dear Support,

Thanks.
        Sir, that is a beautiful tool and just what I was looking for. Many thanks for sharing it with us.

Comment

Please add my vote for project SFT-2387.

Comment

esbee,
            Thanks!
            Vote added.
            Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ditto. I've long request at least an option to lock rays horizontally.

Comment

ProfitPilgrim,

You have already requested this as a new feature?
                Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Awesome, thank you! Any chance to add an option to display the price on the Y axis rather than on the line?
                  And switch yours to the F3 hotkey? (I'd rather use yours instead of the default NinjaTrader Ray)
                  Last edited by anexx; 09-16-2019, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Hello anexx,

Thank you for your reply.

While you'd want to speak with the developer about the first part, it does appear you may adjust the hot key used to trigger the horizontal ray under Tools > Hot Keys > Chart.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
                    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Awe Sah-Weet! Thanks for pointing me in that direction! Keeps getting better and better!

Comment

@aligator

Love the addon, however, if I click in the middle of the ray line (Habit of mine to drag line to a different candle starting spot on a chart), it moves the anchor start to where my cursor is located. Any chance to lock the Ray length so I don't have to move my cursor to the bar I want when I move the line to a different bar? (Like Tradingview)

Comment

Originally posted by anexx View Post
                          @aligator

Love the addon, however, if I click in the middle of the ray line (Habit of mine to drag line to a different candle starting spot on a chart), it moves the anchor start to where my cursor is located. Any chance to lock the Ray length so I don't have to move my cursor to the bar I want when I move the line to a different bar? (Like Tradingview)
                          Thanks. This one-click Ray add-on has one anchor and extends to the far right by design. If you want to lock the length and have location control you might want to use any of the default lines with two anchors such as Line, Ray, and Arrow Line, without label of course.

Comment

@aligator

Well, I was just trying to have my cake and eat it. The ONLY thing I like about the default "ray" is the ability to drag to another wick without having to actually go to the said location. The default ray is garbage for the lack of label and for having to manually enter exact start Y and end Y data to have a straight line.

Comment

I vote too!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by prdecast, Today, 06:07 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
                              Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                              1 response