Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

KC futures and IB with NT7 (charts won't appear)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KC futures and IB with NT7 (charts won't appear)

Hello,

I am trying to trade KC (coffee) futures with NT7 and can't seem to get the charts to show up. If I pull up a chart for Sept 2018 KC futures in the IB platform the chart displays just fine at any time frame. I added KC 09-18 to the instrument manager in NT7, but when I try pull up a daily or intraday chart it never shows up. It spends a few moments trying to load historical contract data but it never does. No error messages are given.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hello,

Please confirm the mapping is setup correctly with the steps I have provided below.
    • Go to Tool->Instrument Manager
    • Select KC
    • Edit
    • Misc. tab
    • Input KC next to Interactive Brokers mapping
    • Click OK
    • Remove KC 09-18 from your Default list then add it back in
    • Restart NinjaTrader

Please let me know if the issue persists after this procedure.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for your quick response. After adding KC to the IB mapping and restarting the behaviour is different. Now I get an error message when I try to load up a chart:

Error on loading chart data for 'KC 09-18 Nybot': Historical Market Data Service error message: No market data permissions for NYBOT FUT.

I am guessing that maybe I need to pay extra for an ICE data subscription with IB, but I do not understand how it is possible that I can get all the charts just fine within the IB platform already but not in NT.

Comment

The data you are receiving within TWS may be delayed data which will not be supported within NinjaTrader. In order to plot data within NinjaTrader real time data will need to be enabled for your account.

Please contact IB to confirm your account is enabled for real time data for KC and if any changes are made to the account please be sure to disconnect then reconnect within NinjaTrader.

Comment

Hi Christopher,

I subscribed to IB's ICE futures data package and now the error message no longer pops up. I am able to download historical KC data. But for some reason I still cannot get a chart to appear for KC. See attached screenshots.

The other weird thing is that the 1 minute bar data being downloaded doesn't seem right. It's like it uses the same minute data over and over again all day long. And it is different every day.

Any ideas?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by tradingtrader; 08-27-2018, 02:21 PM.

Comment

To forward your files please go to the NinjaTrader Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support-->Subject: Attn Chris Jameson-->Put a check next to "Log and trace files"-->and a link to this forum post in the body of the email.

Comment

Hi Chris,

I can't use NT to send you an email because I am running NT in a Google remote server and they have everything locked down. SMTP etc is totally disabled. Can you private message me your email address and the location of the trace/log files you need to see and I can send them via Gmail?

Comment

I have received your files and will follow up once I gather additional information.

Comment

The following steps were used to resolve the issue.
                  • Go to Tools->Instrument Manager
                  • Select KC
                  • Edit
                  • Change the tick size to 0.0005
                  • Click OK
                  • Remove KC 12-18 from your Default instrument list then add it back in
                  • Click Ok
                  • Restart NinjaTrader
                  Next once connected if the chart data is still showing the same prices right click in the chart and select "Reload All Historical Data".

Comment

Hi,

The above tick fix allowed me to download historical data and get a chart working. I also changed the point val to 37500 for IB. But for longer time frames (> 2months) the data seems to be incorrect. It's as if there is a stock split/multiplier effect happening when the contracts roll over. See attached screenshot.

Any ideas?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Within the KC instrument settings can you tell me what the Merge policy is set to.

Also can you go to the Control Center->Tools->Options->Data tabe and tell me what this Merge policy is set to.

Comment

Within the KC instrument it is set to UseGlobalSettings. Attached is a screenshot of my Options -> Data tab.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post maybeimnotrader  
                        Started by quantismo, Today, 05:13 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes