Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Does NT8 support GDAX? You would sell a ton of licenses if it did!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Patrick. Just sent the email.

In addition, is it possible to get this connection through Ninjatrader 7 as well? I have too many complex indicators that the original creators do not want to convert to Ninja 8 as it will take them way too long to do so.

Comment

Hello jheo0270,

Thank you for sending in the files. I will review and follow up with you on your email.

The GDAX adapter is only available through NinjaTrader 8.

Comment

any news on this?
        Just saw your email in the junk folder for some reason will get back to you
        Last edited by jheo0270; 06-13-2018, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Hello jheo0270,

Thank you for your post.

I have responded to your email on June 11th and here earlier today. This is my response:

Thank you for sending in the files.

Please go to the NinjaTrader Control Center > Tools > Instruments > search for BTCUSD. Do you see it listed as 'Type' 'Forex' and 'Type' 'CryptoCurrency'?

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Hello EquityTrader,

Thank you for your patience.

This is expected to be resolved in the next release of NinjaTrader 8 (release 15). Please refer to the Release Notes at the following link when the new release is available to see the fixes and updates: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Hi NinjaTrader_PatrickH,

That is really great news. Thanks for letting everybody know. Thank you also to the NinjaTrader team for making this a priority.

Best regards,

EquityTrader

Comment

Hi NinjaTrader_PatrickH,

I downloaded NinjaTrader 8 version 8.0.15.1 64-bit and this problem still exists.

This time, I was able to run the back-test over 14 calendar days successfully, but an attempt to back-test 15-minute bars of BTCUSD over only approximately 44 calendar days (4/20/2018 to 6/3/2018) returns the following error:

Error on requesting bars series: 'Rate Limit exceeded'

I see that the release notes don't mention this as a fix, but since you posted that this issue was expected to be resolved in release 15 (see our earlier conversation in this thread), I thought that I should respond to this thread to make sure that this problem hasn't been forgotten about.

Thanks for taking a look at this. I am really looking forward to back-testing my NinjaTrader 8 strategies on intraday BTCUSD data, and I am certain that there are a massive number of traders all over the world that would love to do the same thing in NinjaTrader.

EquityTrader

Comment

Thank you, EquityTrader.

There was a change made but it did not appear to change the behavior in all cases.

I am working with our QA team to provide further details here on this thread.

Comment

Hello EquityTrader,

Thank you for your patience.

The message "rate limit exceeded" occurs when requests made from an IP address through the Coinbase API exceed a certain limit. We do not have a specific number for the limit at this time. However, the message also occurs when the server for the data itself is also overloaded.

At this time there is no complete solution to avoid this behavior.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Hello NinjaTrader_PatrickH,

Thank you for looking into this and finding the definitive answer.

As you might imagine, this is really disappointing news for someone who is excited and determined to use NinjaTrader 8's excellent back-testing capabilities to back-test NinjaScript strategies on intraday bitcoin data.

If your team doesn't find a workaround for this issue on Coinbase's end, such as perhaps providing that same data through Kinetick but allowing multiple years of intraday data to be downloaded without throttling issues, then NinjaTrader will lose out on the opportunity to delight the huge total addressable market of crypto traders that don't use NinjaTrader 8 today, but who would have their heads turned by such a feature, especially if it were free.

This feature would attract a huge number of crypto traders to your platform, and a chunk of them will convert to paying customers.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

EquityTrader

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Mindset, 05-06-2023, 09:03 PM
                      9 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post ender_wiggum  
                      Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
                      4 responses