Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dinosaur Issue of NT8 Custom Instrument Lists

Dear Support,

Recently, I have been having major issues with NT8 freezing and was advised by your support staff to change the NinjaTrader file to NinjaTrader.old so that my database is re-set. This caused the unrecoverable loss of several custom instrument lists that I have developed over the years and frequently use in Market Analyzer..

Unlike other platforms, importing instrument lists into Ninja is a painstaking process that we have gone through over the years, and still after transition to NT8 each instrument must be entered separately to make a list. This is a horrible way to reproduce several long watch lists.

2 Suggestion:

1. Remove custom instrument lists from the NinjaTrader database and placed them in a separate custom folder that is accessible and savable under the bin/custom folder, similar to other custom folders like, indicators, strategies, templates, etc.

2. Make importing custom instrument lists a simple import of the whole list not the
    individual instruments.

Thanks.

Hello aligator,

Thank you for your note.

I have forwarded your suggestions to our development team for consideration in an upcoming release of NinjaTrader. I will follow up with unique tracking IDs when they have been made available.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post algospoke  
    Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post maybeimnotrader