Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Error when compiling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error when compiling

Hi,

I am getting the following error when I compile a strategy or indicator (regardless of which strategy or indicator it is).

NinjaScript File:
    Indicator\BreakoutRecognition.cs

Error: (I have translated this from Spanish)
    'NinjaTrader.Indicator.Indicator' does not implement the abstract member inherited 'NinjaTrader.Indicator.IndicatorBase.OnBarUpdate() '

Any idea what I need to do?

Originally posted by AnotherTrader View Post
    Hi,

'NinjaTrader.Indicator.Indicator' does not implement the abstract member inherited 'NinjaTrader.Indicator.IndicatorBase.OnBarUpdate() '

Any idea what I need to do?
    That sounds as if you have mistakenly deleted or commented out the OnBarUpdate() method in the indicator.

Comment

Thanks, but that doesn't seem to be it.

It occurred when I installed NT6.5.1000.19.

I run four windows accounts on my backtesting machine that all access the same NT program code, but different databases.

When I installed NT6.5.1000.19 I did so from a different account from that which I usually do. So I suspect I have "broken" some reference that I need ...

Comment

AnotherTrader,

Please temporarily remove the indicator and compile. Can you compile then?
        You can temporarily remove the indicator by shutting down NT, going to Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\bin\Custom\Indicator and moving away the particular .cs file for your indicator. Then restarting NT, you want to open up any NinjaScript file and press F5 to compile.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Josh.

Tried that and still was unable to compile.

The indicator I removed was the one referenced in the error report, which was the first indicator in my alphabetical list of indicators.

Once I removed it, the new error report referred to the next indicator that was listed after (alphabetically) the one I removed.

I don't think it is a problem of the indicators. I think I broke something when I was installing.

Do I need to reset a reference (i.e. open up any strategy or indicator, right click, References, etc)?

Comment

AnotherTrader,

That could very well be the case. Please take a screenshot or list out what you have in the References dialogue box and we can recommend you which would need to be added back if any.

Comment

Assembly
              System.dll
              System.Drawing.dll
              System.XML.dll
              System.Windows.Forms.dll
              C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 6.5\bin\NinjaTrader.Core.dll
              C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 6.5\bin\WilsonORMapper.dll
              C:\Users\Tick Data Base\Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\bin\Custom\NinjaTrader.Vendor.dll

Comment

Your references look correct. I suggest removing all custom NinjaScript files and seeing if you can compile then. If still no go, I would recommend trying a clean reinstall of NT.

Comment

FYI, I solved this issue as follows:

1. Copied each of the four .../documents/NinjaTrader 6.5 folders to an external drive;
                  2. Restored the computer to original factory settings; using one Windows user account (administrator), I rebuilt the computer to the state in which I use it for backtesting with NT 6.5 (i.e. downloaded Windows updates, re-installed antivirus software, MS Office software, Adobe Reader, data provider’s software, broker platform software, printer driver, NT 6.5, etc);
                  3. Created the 3 additional Windows user accounts (non administrator) that I use (see below);
                  4. Copied back the original four .../documents/NinjaTrader 6.5 folders from the external drive; and
                  5. Started up NT 6.5 from within each account, ensuring NinjaTrader.Vendor.dll reference was correctly set in each case.

All working fine now.

Am pretty certain the problem was that I “broke” some internal reference yesterday either a) when I upgraded to NT 6.5.1000.19 from ...18 (since I originally installed NT6.5 using a different Windows account from the one I upgraded from yesterday); or b) when I renamed one of the four Windows user accounts.

All’s well that ends well...

= = = = = =
                  BTW, The reason I run NT 6.5 on four separate user accounts on the same machine is that otherwise I’ve found that the NinjaTrader.mdb file gets too large for NT to operate without crashing. For backtesting, if I keep minute, daily and tick (tick split between 2 different NT databases) data separately, then NinjaTrader.mdb stays below 2.2 Gb (for the time being at least!), which seems to be about the limit in my experience ...

Comment

I am filing this here in case it's related to what's gone before:

Now, when I try to connect to eSignal I get the following message....

Login failed: Failed to load C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 6.5\bin\ESignal\dbcapi.dll
                    Will solving this be as simple as copying this dll from another machine where it does seem to be working?
                    Last edited by AnotherTrader; 01-19-2011, 03:18 PM.

Comment

No, this is likely caused by you not having a version of eSignal <11 installed. eSignal 11 does not support 3rd party application connections so you will need to have both eSignal 11 and eSignal 10 installed.

Comment

Aha!

That did the trick!

Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes