Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FXCM CFD Data NinjaTrader Servers

Hi,

How much data for FXCM CFD's do you store on the NinjaTrader servers? (tick, minute and day).

Also when I unselect downloading from NinjaTrader servers I can't download CFD data from FXCM, says instrument is invalid. Can test with @GER30.

Thanks

Hello tmfdouglas, thank you for your post!

In NinjaTrader 8, I only see approximately a month back of historical data for the GER30 CFD. Based on my testing in NinjaTrader 7, I see data back to 2013 for most CFDs. As we're moving forward we're going to start backfilling NinjaTrader 8 servers with the data from NinjaTrader 7's.

I was able to view CFDs with a demo account connection.

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you running? You can find this by navigating to the Control Center -> Help -> About. At the top of the about window, you will see the version listed (example: 8.0.0.12).

As a test, please reset your instruments.
    To reset your instruments, follow the steps below.
    • Disconnect from any active datafeed: Navigate to the Control Center > Connections menu, left-click the ‘disconnect’ button that appears to the right of any active connection.
    • Disconnect from any active datafeed: Navigate to the Control Center > Connections menu, left-click the ‘disconnect’ button that appears to the right of any active connection.

As a workaround to see more data for your CFDs, please export the data the data from NinjaTrader 7 and then import the data into NinjaTrader 8.

To export in NinjaTrader 7, please see the following link:
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...?exporting.htm
    To Import in NinjaTrader 8, please see the following link:
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...?importing.htm

As an important note, the GER30 CFD is named differently in NinjaTrader 7 than it is in NinjaTrader 8. To import the file from NinjaTrader 7 to 8, you must rename the file from *$GER30_CFDEUR.Last.txt* to *GER30.Last.txt*. Note that the name of these items is case-sensitive.
    Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Riley,

Wondering if there is an ETA on this? With FXCM being the provider for NinjaTrader brokerage I'd assume that the data should be available.

As the data already exists for NT7 could it be prioritised to make it available for NT8?

Thanks

Comment

tmfdouglas, thank for posting back!

I reached out to our IT team in regards to FXCM's CFD data on the NinjaTrader 8 beta platform and they had stated that there's currently not an ETA of when this data is going to be backfilled, but should eventually.

Comment

Hmmm ok, but as FXCM is advertised as NinjaTraders Forex provider and it's advised to use NinjaTraders historical data servers I'd expect that the data would be available or at least in respect for your customer the limitations should be advised.

Back to the instrument not being found - I've disabled downloading historical data from NinjaTrader servers, reset the instruments as suggested but have the same problem. This is for all FXCM based CFD's I've tried.

So result is no historical data for back testing.....

Update - I've also tried deleting GER30, then resetting the instruments again. Same problem.
          Last edited by tmfdouglas; 08-25-2016, 01:06 PM.

Comment

tmfdouglas, thank you for you post back!

NinjaTrader 8 is in the beta testing stage which is used for usability testing and to work out bugs.

I was able to connect to FXCM for NinjaTrader 7 and see historical data for CFDs such as the GER30 instrument and I see the same for NinjaTrader 8. I had used the NinjaTrader 7 historical data servers.

Currently, you should see some data if you're connecting to the NinjaTrader historical data servers. To confirm, in the connection wizard (Control Center -> Connection -> configure), do you have the option NinjaTrader historical data server checked?

Did you request the FXCM demo in the US or outside the US?
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_RileyS; 08-25-2016, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Hi,

Is there any update on the historical data on NinjaTrader servers for FXCM CFD's being backfilled? Currently can only get the last three months.

Now that NT8 is in release candidate one I think it's reasonable to except that this should be resolved.

When unticking the use NinjaTrader historical data servers the CFD instruments can't be found when using the historical data download (tested with @GER30 amongst others).

When using the NinjaTrader historical data servers the instruments can now be found, this was after uninstalling and reinstalling NT8 RC1.

FXCM demo is a UK account.

Thanks

Comment

tmfdouglas, thank you for your post back.

We're unaware of when we can get this data backfilled.

However, after unchecking the NinjaTrader historical data server option, I was able to view a large amount of historical data for CFDs. Do you see this for all CFDs? I was able to view the @GER30.

Another note, I wasn't able to view this with the demo account connection from our website, however, I tested a different account and was able to view CFD's from FXCM. You may want to contact FXCM to ensure that your demo account connection is enabled for CFDs when requesting data from their servers.

Comment

Hi,

So creating an account through the FXCM website (as you suggested not through the NinjaTrader website) doesn't work as the account has hedging enabled. When connecting to it through NinjaTrader an error box appears saying that the connection can't be established as the account has hedging enabled.

When I then change the licence key to the sim licence, restart NinjaTrader, connect to the new FXCM account (non NinjaTrader) so that the hedging error doesn't happen it can't find the @GER30 instrument when using the historical data downloader.

Can you clarify what steps you took and what account type it was which allowed you to download more than three months of data?

This data is definitely available through FXCM with the demo account I'm using as I can download it through the FXCM API.

So, just to clarify then. Can you confirm that there is no supported way to download more than three months of historical tick data for FXCM CFD's through NinjaTrader? If not I'll have to download the through the FXCM api outside of NinjaTrader and import to NinjaTrader manually, not an ideal solution.

Thanks

Comment

tmfdouglas, thanks for your post back.

I was able to download CFD data with one of our demo accounts with FXCM's servers selected.

Please send an email to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com so that I may test the demo account you have on my end. For the subject line, reference my name, ATTN RileyS.

In the body of the email, please include the credentials you received from FXCM.

I look forward to getting to the bottom of this.

Comment

With the general release of NT8 drawing closer (November as stated in a webinar) can we expect that the historical data servers for NT8 will contain the full set of FXCM data above what it's currently limited to?
                      Thanks

Comment

Hello tmfdouglas, thank you for your post!

I spoke with our IT team and they relayed that they are in the process of rolling the CFD data out, however, there have been several delays due to various reasons. Currently, there isn't an ETA of when the CFD historical data is going to be backfilled, however, our IT team appears be very close.

I'll let you know when there's an update on this or when the historical data is backfilled.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                        5 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
                        Started by swestendorf, Today, 11:14 AM
                        2 responses
                        0 likes