Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data Series bars' discrepancy on the chart

Hi and thank you for NT software,

Please look at the attached print-screen. As you can see, price markers show the next bars' close, not the recent one. And the next VOL bar is shown but no series' bars.

I tried to change the bars' width and right side margin, but nothing helped.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	nt 7 chart discrepancy.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	909475

Hello alexstox,
    Thanks for your post.

Can you please point out what specifically does not look correct to you? I am not sure what you mean by "price markers show the next bars' close, not the recent one".

In regards to the volume bars - I would not expect for a volume bar and a time based candle to complete at the same time. If you expect to see something different, what do you expect to see?
    Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JoshG View Post
      Hello alexstox,
      Thanks for your post.

Can you please point out what specifically does not look correct to you? I am not sure what you mean by "price markers show the next bars' close, not the recent one".

In regards to the volume bars - I would not expect for a volume bar and a time based candle to complete at the same time. If you expect to see something different, what do you expect to see?

Hi and thanks for reply. I attached the same picture with short notes.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	nt 7 chart discrepancy.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	886778

Comment

A couple things here:
        • The 6J and USDJPY are based on the value of the same thing, but they are traded separately. I would expect for those charts to be strongly correlated, but not for those charts to match up completely.
        • Also, I am not certain how you are doing that in your screenshot. You are only looking at historical data so there should be a candle there. If you like, I can try and reproduce on my end if you send me the historical data you are creating these charts from. The historical data we are looking for will be inside your \Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db\day\ folder. Please compress the folders for that historical data and attach to an email. Send to PlatformSupport(at)NinjaTrader(dot)com with ATTN:JOSH in the subject line.

Comment

A couple things here:
          • The 6J and USDJPY are based on the value of the same thing, but they are traded separately. I would expect for those charts to be strongly correlated, but not for those charts to match up completely.
          • Also, I am not certain how you are doing that in your screenshot. You are only looking at historical data so there should be a candle there. If you like, I can try and reproduce on my end if you send me the historical data you are creating these charts from. The historical data we are looking for will be inside your \Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db\day\ folder. Please compress the folders for that historical data and attach to an email. Send to PlatformSupport(at)NinjaTrader(dot)com with ATTN:JOSH in the subject line.

Should I send the data received from Kinetick EOD? I just use Kinetick EOD data for these tools.

All I tried to do is just go through some period in the history to look quickly on the behavior of the tools. But I need all the data series to be shown correctly. It's like I am doing the replay manually on EOD data So, it's confusing when you see tomorrow's closes by price markers without the bars itself

Comment

Yes, please send me the historical data from your screenshot. I want to see if the data you have would cause this to occur on my PC as well.

Comment

Yes, please send me the historical data from your screenshot. I want to see if the data you have would cause this to occur on my PC as well.
              Hi Josh, I've sent it to your email

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Mindset, 05-06-2023, 09:03 PM
              9 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post ender_wiggum  
              Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes