Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

suggestions: Add color to Font Input + Chart window looses active focus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suggestions: Add color to Font Input + Chart window looses active focus

1) its good, if Font properties also had color property:

2) also, i dont know if when it strated or it's builtin, but everytime, I click CTRL+i (to open Indicators window from chart, or any other window), the NinjaTrader switches active window to another open NinjaTrader window- to Control Center or NinjasciptEditor (if it's open).. any hints why this happens? Then I have to click other window in my Windows10, then click again to chart window to get active window back to front screen.

Hello TazoTodua,
    Thanks for your post.

1) You will find the font color property under the Colors category of your charts Properties.
    Help Guide - Available properties and definitions

2) I have not heard of this being an issue before. I would need to take a closer look to be able to say anything for sure. A video of this happening would also be a nice way to diagnose. Feel free to write in to PlatformSupport(at)NinjaTrader(dot)com, referencing this post, and my name and I will be happy to look into this item for you.
    Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

1) no, i meant property for indicator font (in indicator i have several different font inputs, and wanted colors there, not th eglobal settting sfor general texts on chart

2) ok did so.

Comment

1) Do you just want a color picker for each of those font inputs? Is this is an indicator of your own creation?

2) I will review and let you know when I have more information

Comment

yes, it's indicator property, I have many custom font properties, and wished there was color field too automatized by NT , yes.

Comment

This sample script shows how to implement a color picker for two different Draw.Text() methods. As you will see, you are able to set the color for both "MyTextColor1" and "MyTextColor2" through the indicators menu. Let me know if you have any questions.
            Attached Files

Comment

Josh_G.

I have to thank you much for the effort, but there are times, that I have a feeling that you are ansering different question, that i'm not interested.

what i repeat is that I want when creating the FONT porperty, in the list of available fields (font, size, bold...) NT also added color input. in the screenshot i given, there should be added COLOR property too automatically.

that's why topic title is FEATURE SUGGESION, please send the request to devs.

thanks

Comment

I'll let Dev know about your request.

For future reference, here is the Suggestions and Feedback section of the forum.

I have looked into your other item about the window losing focus as well. I believe that is happening because the "Find and Replace" window was open in your video (that window is modal).

Let me know if you have any other questions.
                Last edited by NinjaTrader_JoshG; 05-21-2018, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                6 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post alifarahani  
                Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                1 response
                0 likes