email alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

email alert

Hi. If this was answered, my apologies but I could not find an answer.

-Is there anyway I can be alerted by email when entering a position ran by strategy? I do not run from ninja script. Running it from strategy builder. Thanks to your service, I was able to set up my email address and port numbers and all but I do not know how to receive email when I am not running strategy with script.

-What is the Start behavior setting should be if power outage happens while in trade and when system reconnects, system recognize position and resume the original stop and target.

Thank you for your help.

Hello kapa1,

There is not a feature in NinjaTrader 8 that would trigger an email each time a manually placed order has filled.

It would be possible to send emails from a NinjaScript Strategy when an order fills or any other action, but this would need to be done in an unlocked script so that you may detect the order fill in OnExecution() or OnOrderUpdate().

It may be possible to create a custom coded Addon that monitors the account and send an email anytime the position changes or an order updates.

Please let me know if you would like more information about detecting position and order changes from an Addon.

To send an email from a NinjaScript using the default email share service setup in Tools -> Options -> General -> Share services, this can be done with the SendMail() command.

Below is a publicly available link to the help guide.

To resume a strategy, the Start behavior should be 'Immediately submit' and this should be set before the strategy is run the first time.
    Also, it is necessary to ensure that the script performs as similar as possible historically as it does in real-time. Intra-bar granularity is typically necessary for this.

Below is a link to a forum post that discusses resuming a strategy.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you.

Then Can I run a script alerting me position filled such as entering, exiting price on real account? If so, could you please provide me with script to run?

Thank you for making start behavior clear.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

The support team does not provide any coding service, but this could be done using OnAccountItemUpdate() within an addon.

Here is an overview of developing add-ons for NinjaTrader 8:

Here is the help guide link to OnAccountItemUpdate() along with the help guide link to its event arguments:

Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance.
        Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
        7 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes